Idaho EHD

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any specific information on areas impacted by EHD in Idaho this year & how bad the die offs were?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I was in Hell’s Canyon last week. It is very very bad from Riggins south. Very bad.

280Ackley

WKR
Clearwater area has been hit bad also. Talked to one buddy who has had over hundred die within a few miles of his house.

Yep it's pretty bad in the Clearwater region, my In-Laws live around Kamiah, all the deer on their property this summer perished. Very sad. Still deer around, but hundreds dead from EHD. I too was in a Hells Canyon unit last week. Deer numbers seemed low, saw a number of yearlings both Muley and Whitetail, far fewer does than usual.

OP
M

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the reports...last time this happened....fish & game downplayed the numbers so don't trust them. Hunting near Elk City in November so hopefully there's some left. Hard to know until time spent in the woods.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

TheTone

WKR
I’m on the Palouse, it’s really bad. Farmland/lowland country is hammered. Areas in the mountains I haven’t heard of issues and it’s where I plan to hunt

Randle

WKR
Seems to be lowland ground with ponds, water gets stagnant during drought months