Idaho Elk Hunting

OP
MWElk hunter
Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. I purchased a tag today. We'll see how it goes. A special thanks to those who messaged me with great information. We are looking forward to taking elk in Idaho this year. If not we'll have a good time.

OP
MWElk hunter
Multiple people have stressed in the thread the fruitlessness of hunting the wilderness areas (Selway, Frank, Lolo). This happens twice a week on RS. You seem set on it despite people offering good advice to stay away if you want to get into elk. Idaho guys are being pretty generous offering help by starting with what to rule out...but that is where you want to go. So go have at it. Take on the Selway or Lolo. You'll have a beautiful hike and may see some bighorns.
No. I wasn't set on it. I look that advice to heart. i was simply commenting on the beauty of the area.

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. I purchased a tag today. We'll see how it goes. A special thanks to those who messaged me with great information. We are looking forward to taking elk in Idaho this year. If not we'll have a good time.

Archery or rifle? You're going to have a heck of a good time either way I think.