Idaho Elk OTC Middlefork Rifle September 15 2019 FlyIn Backpack Hunt

Traindriver

Lil-Rokslider
Hello, I am just throwing it out there to see if anyone is interested in Doing a fly in hunt to the Middle fork zone with a rifle starting September 15 2019? It would be units 20A, 26, 27. I don't have enough balls to do it by myself. We can either hunt together or share the same camp once we locate the elk. The OTC tag is $580 and the Fly in is $575 round trip. If you are interested in some more details or want to just talk about it Let me know. This is a very Hard Hunt in very Rigorous terrain. You will need to be in good shape to thrive out there. I've never been there but know that is about as remote as you can get in the lower 48. I'm doing it obviously for the elk hunting but also for the experience. This is more or less a bucket list hunt. I fully expect it to be almost miserable but very rewarding when its over.

Low densities in all of them. Talked to multiple guys that never saw an animal flying in last year. Good luck. Glass like crazy. I would look elsewhere unless you're really only there for the remoteness. In Idaho, remote wilderness means more predation effect.

Feel free to PM for specifics on where you could look elsewhere and where I'd look to fly in if you're set on the Middle Fork.

tttoadman

WKR
have fun!! I did it solo the first time i went. It was a thrill. Get in good shape to cover those miles. That time of year, you may need to get animals cleaned up and cooled out in a hurry.

Broomd

WKR
Grab a wolf tag, you might indeed bag something in that forsaken moonscape.
And unfortunately it's about time for fires in that area. Timber management is nonexistent.

Best of luck.

Fullfan

WKR
Wind up the stairmaster!
Good luck to you.

LOL that is funny right there. Have never been into the middle fork. But took a drive to Shup and the end of the road last year. Wow not very forgiving country, and that was just from the view from my truck window.

I’m heading in there in July via Yellow Pine, I’m toying with the same hunt as you. PM me and we can keep in touch.

Dadnstuff

Lil-Rokslider
TRAINDRIVER: A buddy and I are highly considering this, but wont be out until about 5 Oct. We'll have elk, deer, bear, and wolf tags in our pockets!!

JohnnyR - PM'ed you.