Idaho elk outfitter

Badseed

WKR
Does anybody have experience or recommendations for an elk guide for the weiser river area? My original plans fell through when I couldn’t get a tag in the zone my other friends got. Then when I reached out to other hunting friends everyone either had another hunt around the same time or doesn’t have the funds to go this year. My last hope was that a friend in Idaho would come and help but his schedule is looking pretty dicey and being my first elk hunt I would prefer not to go to solo. To add on too of all that crap, I had no idea how much decent ground the woodhead fire ate up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
I made a few calls and was told that there are no Forest Service permitted/State of Idaho licensed outfitters in the Weiser river area for elk hunting but that there may be someone guiding on private. I have heard that it is very difficult to find private land in that area but its worth a shot. Does anybody have any private ranch guides that I can contact. I hate to turn my tag in but this season seems doomed from the start.

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
Thanks. I had already looked at these sites and contacted all the outfitters located near the weiser unit. Unfortunately it is looking like I might have to turn my tag in and regroup for next year. I was really excited for an idaho diy elk hunt but maybe this year will be best served by finding a guide and learning from someone with experience.