Idaho elk tag decision making

Well like most I didnt get the elk tag of choice this year and instead panic bought a mccall A tag. Why you might ask?... no clue, just didn't want to miss out all together. Ive been beating up onx and gohunt along with other forums and have shifted my attention towards a boise river B tag. I have spent some time in unit 39 but never been to mccall so I figured I'd ask for feedback to help aid me in my decision. I'm not looking for spots or anything just wanting to know what hunt would provide a better opportunity at a branch antler bull. Thanks for any insight you may have

Spike elk

WKR
There is good county everywhere as well as a way to be successful there. Found a couple of great places to hunt on"accident" when I ended up with a tag in a unit that I had a mistake on. One of those areas I have been hunting now for the past 8 years. It was that much better than the previous unit that I was set on.

McCall is more rugged country than 39 for sure, but amazing....get in early season, hit water sources on north facing drainages, be nocturnal....you'll find em....

J5Hunt

FNG
Either way you’ll have fun you’re elk hunting ! Just go enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would absolutely rifle hunt 39 over McCall. Lots of country in 39 is as rugged as chunks of the McCall zone. You don't have to be Jeremiah Johnson to find a bull in either, but if I had my druthers, Boise River is a better bet to SEE critters.