Idaho Elk

elledge

FNG
Crossing my fingers here, I have been helped here in the past and have had the pleasure to help others. I am new to the Boise area and have an archery elk tag for zone 39. I have spent many days scouting in areas where I can get to, I'm dancing around private and avoiding the active ATV trails. I'm on foot and typically running solo, and have yet to find something more than a track. If anyone has any pointers, I'll take anything I can get. I'd love, more than anything, for my first Idaho birthday to be celebrated with some elk meat! Thanks!

Lprough

FNG
Send me a PM and I can give you a couple spots to check out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went out for a short evening hunt in Unit 39 for archery mule deer and saw a good sized elk herd with a real nice 6 point among them. Just get out past the crowds and hike up a ridge to a good glassing knob. This snow has the animals moving around. Try to find a South facing drainage where the elk can still find some grass to feed on and you might find them.

OP
E

elledge

FNG
I just went out for a short evening hunt in Unit 39 for archery mule deer and saw a good sized elk herd with a real nice 6 point among them. Just get out past the crowds and hike up a ridge to a good glassing knob. This snow has the animals moving around. Try to find a South facing drainage where the elk can still find some grass to feed on and you might find them.
Awesome! Thanks for the update! I'm going to head out past arrowrock tomorrow and plan to be glassing by shoot time at the latest

I was in 39 for the first 6 days of rifle season and it was HOT. In hindsight the last 2 days were probably the best since that’s when the weather moved in.