Idaho F&G Emergency Meeting

Clarktar

WKR
Yea, I was in the area. Have been trying to buy them for the past hour or more. they are gone. FML..

fatlander

WKR
Something odd going on on the IDFG site. There was no Hunting License option for me to purchase, just a hunting passport and fishing licenses. But there was Hunting tags to purchase. After clicking around for a few minutes I went back to hunting tags, and they were no longer listed. Only things listed were fishing and super tags. Really odd.

They gone!

For S’s and G’s I just logged in, and license and elk tag in my cart and went all the way to the CC screen. You guys should follow that link and check again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
Month earlier than usual but just bought my license and deer tag. Couldn't find a general elk tag though.

Clarktar

WKR
Maybe my account is screwed up. Tried again with that link and still only fishing licenses available for purchase for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fatlander

WKR
Do you already have a license and a tag?

It’s not going to let you buy a license if you already hold one.

johnsd16

WKR
Existing licenses, pre-existing bookings with guides and purchase for purpose of application for fall controlled hunts are all NOT affected. My buddy in MN bought his license and OTC elk tag this morning early. I just listened to the whole meeting, was only about 22 min.

Sale of all NR licenses is suspended. It sounds like the stimulus was related to WA residents having recreational fishing shut down in their state and traveling to ID, potentially transmitting the virus. I would agree, a week ago I took my son to a public dock by the house to combat cabin fever and there was 10-12 vehicles there which is crazy even on a nice day and all but 3 were WA. Not good if you’re trying to contain spread.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Existing licenses, pre-existing bookings with guides and purchase for purpose of application for fall controlled hunts are all NOT affected. My buddy in MN bought his license and OTC elk tag this morning early. I just listened to the whole meeting, was only about 22 min.

Sale of all NR licenses is suspended. It sounds like the stimulus was related to WA residents having recreational fishing shut down in their state and traveling to ID, potentially transmitting the virus. I would agree, a week ago I took my son to a public dock by the house to combat cabin fever and there was 10-12 vehicles there which is crazy even on a nice day and all but 3 were WA. Not good if you’re trying to contain spread.

Dang people from Washington... :rolleyes:

jmcd22

WKR
Our small mountain towns can't handle the spread of this virus. The Wood River Valley is getting absolutely hammered right now and a similar fate could been seen in other places if people from infected areas start showing up. I don't blame them one bit for doing this. Yes, it's unfortunate but right now Idaho is very high up on the list on a case per capita basis and we don't have the resources to stop it outside of the Treasure Valley. Hopefully things change before the fall...I think they will but we shall see.

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
Got the email about 30 min ago. Nonresident licenses and permits suspended. You can still apply for controlled hunts.

Attachments

• 15DA4443-9471-43A0-927D-B1A74BB756C8.png
    15DA4443-9471-43A0-927D-B1A74BB756C8.png
    420.7 KB · Views: 57
If this lasts into elk season, would that mean you guys that already got your licenses would have the best draw odds you ever dreamed of?

Do you guys think montana will follow? I emailed MT GFP yesterday and they stated that spring bear will go on as usual. I bet if Idaho cuts out spring hunts then MT will do the same.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Our small mountain towns can't handle the spread of this virus. The Wood River Valley is getting absolutely hammered right now and a similar fate could been seen in other places if people from infected areas start showing up. I don't blame them one bit for doing this. Yes, it's unfortunate but right now Idaho is very high up on the list on a case per capita basis and we don't have the resources to stop it outside of the Treasure Valley. Hopefully things change before the fall...I think they will but we shall see.
Blaine county residents need to stay in Blaine county if they want to help. Oh wait, they're supposed to anyway. Except for all the ones in Stanley staying in the motels, and all over the rivers fishing. Weird how Custer county's covid cases are in Stanley....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Licenses are still on sale, but most tags and permits are not available now. Deer and elk are available but not bear, turkey, steelhead, etc. for non-res

jmcd22

WKR
Blaine county residents need to stay in Blaine county if they want to help. Oh wait, they're supposed to anyway. Except for all the ones in Stanley staying in the motels, and all over the rivers fishing. Weird how Custer county's covid cases are in Stanley....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You should see Ada County right now...traffic is lighter than usual but not by much. People all over the place, parks are full...