Idaho Fire Restrictions?

Berger024

WKR
I know CO is under fire restrictions. Can anyone give me an update if ID has any in place? Specifically, Central/ Wilderness areas of the state. I could not find intel, it kept asking me to log into ArcGIS online. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot. Any info from ID natives or hunters in and out of or around the area in the last 1-2 days would be appreciated. I was planning on taking the stove for my Sawtooth, but just want to plan accordingly with gear if it's staying home. Thanks.

Last edited:

ProAlpine

FNG
Even if fire restrictions aren't in effect, please consider not guiding a fire when we're surrounded by wildfires and smoke...

OP
Berger024

Berger024

WKR
Stove for sawtooth has a spark arrester, it it’s a non-issue. I would be astonished if no one in ID has a stove in their wall tents or backcountry tents. Not only ID, but WY, MT, CO, WA, OR, etc. . The whole west is on fire. I doubt a hunter using proper precautions with his/her stove in the backcountry would be an issue. ID rules state we can still use stoves...

Razz

FNG
Nestled between the Tetons & the Big Holes
While the specific national forest you are in posts their fire restrictions on their website, look at the county too. At times they impose county wide restrictions that are more stringent. Having a shovel and water supply on hnad is also a very good idea. Good luck on your hunt!

OP
Berger024

Berger024

WKR
While the specific national forest you are in posts their fire restrictions on their website, look at the county too. At times they impose county wide restrictions that are more stringent. Having a shovel and water supply on hnad is also a very good idea. Good luck on your hunt!

Great info. I’ll definitely call and inquire locally. Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Stove for sawtooth has a spark arrester, it it’s a non-issue. I would be astonished if no one in ID has a stove in their wall tents or backcountry tents. Not only ID, but WY, MT, CO, WA, OR, etc. . The whole west is on fire. I doubt a hunter using proper precautions with his/her stove in the backcountry would be an issue. ID rules state we can still use stoves...
Ok, then nevermind. You already have your mind made up that you aren't going to be the guy that starts a fire. Great plan. Just because your stove has a spark arrestor doesn't mean a thing. It only takes one stray spark to ruin it for everyone. I live in central Idaho. It isn't cold enough for a fire right now. Buy a better sleeping bag. If someone starts a fire for nostalgia or because they think it's their right, so be it. If it gets out I'm gonna track them down and curb stomp them. I'm tired of damn smoke.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IDLassie

FNG
I've read and reread the Stage 1 fire restrictions. And the way I read it. NO wood fires allowed on forest lands unless in designated campgrounds. You can have a propane stove to cook with out side of campgrounds.
It says nothing about spark arresters on you stove pipe. Or did I miss something?
Right now we are tender dry crispy crunchy and those of us who live here are very tired of Nimrod season.
Be smart and don't start any fires!
We have 6 big fires going/racing and gobbling up a lot of woods. We don't need more with no resources left in the tank to go fight fires.

OP
Berger024

Berger024

WKR
Ok, then nevermind. You already have your mind made up that you aren't going to be the guy that starts a fire. Great plan. Just because your stove has a spark arrestor doesn't mean a thing. It only takes one stray spark to ruin it for everyone. I live in central Idaho. It isn't cold enough for a fire right now. Buy a better sleeping bag. If someone starts a fire for nostalgia or because they think it's their right, so be it. If it gets out I'm gonna track them down and curb stomp them. I'm tired of damn smoke.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We spent 14 days in the backcountry and drove from NY. The state of Wyoming was shut down from a blizzard and Idaho received enough snow to snap trees over the course of two days. We are minimalist hunters with experience in mountaineering. The stove for the sawtooth was necessary if we received another round of weather mainly for drying gear and to boost morale if it stuck around. I don't need fires for nostalgia. and bag is rated for -15.
You'll be happy to know the stove stayed in our truck, but it did make the 29 hr drive to Idaho. Your demeanor is on par with 50% of the Idaho folks we met. Some were very nice, but the rest had a chip on their shoulder and told us to go back home...We did and took 3 nice bulls with us, OTC. As far as curb-stomping, I'd like to think you weren't posturing up to me online because I asked a question and then you made assumptions. I believe you would need to have a good bit of disciplined training under your belt in order to make that happen.
Thanks for the info and the wonderful time we had in your beautiful state.