Idaho FNG

New to the forum, well sorta... I joined in 2018 but haven't been really active until recently mostly lurking. Starting to get excited for hunting season and when that happens Rokslide is one of the first places I go to learn about hunting tactics and gear. It has been a valuable resource for me so I hope to start giving back however I can. Born and raised in Idaho began hunting as soon as I could tag along with my family. Have spent most of my time hunting whitetail and elk but in recent years have become increasingly interested in Mule deer but my biggest passion as of lately is archery elk.

Great info here by knowledgeable experienced hunters. One of the few Hunting sites that is still a hunting site and it has not become just some social media site.

Thorn154

FNG
New to the forum, well sorta... I joined in 2018 but haven't been really active until recently mostly lurking. Starting to get excited for hunting season and when that happens Rokslide is one of the first places I go to learn about hunting tactics and gear. It has been a valuable resource for me so I hope to start giving back however I can. Born and raised in Idaho began hunting as soon as I could tag along with my family. Have spent most of my time hunting whitetail and elk but in recent years have become increasingly interested in Mule deer but my biggest passion as of lately is archery elk.

It's there a pretty big appetite for whitetail? I'm from Minnesota but when I used to live in SE Idaho everyone was about the muley. I was seemingly the only guy running around the river bottoms looking for whitetail.

OP
Eastman528
It's there a pretty big appetite for whitetail? I'm from Minnesota but when I used to live in SE Idaho everyone was about the muley. I was seemingly the only guy running around the river bottoms looking for whitetail.

I live in Central Idaho where the whitetail density is much higher than the Southern part of the state. Up here I would say there is a desent "appetite" we get to hunt them during the rut with a rifle. I would say the vast majority of people primarily focus on elk and then whitetail is the thing they go do for a few days a year during peak rut. Thats kinda how I grew up hunting. I know what you mean about the river bottoms my grandparents live in the Lemhi valley there's some great whitetail hunting if you can get access especially around the ag fields every time im down there I think I should try it someday just for fun. I actually have archery hunted whitetail the last few years during the early season and when I talk to people about it they look at me like im crazy haha.

Jaspe

FNG
Headed to Colorado in November for the first time for mule deer. Lifelong white tail hunter in Georgia. I enjoy hunting them (Helps to be humbled on a regular basis) but also enjoy managing property to benefit the herd.
Big appetite for whitetails !