Idaho general season muley

muleymemories

Lil-Rokslider
Well thought I would share my Idaho buck from this year. I decided to skip our usual spot and try an area I scouted back in 08'. I only had two days to hunt due to drawing a bighorn tag this year. So, I climbed the 6hours 3400 feet into this new area and starting glassing some great country. Day one produced a small buck and a handful of does. Sunday my plan was to glass until noon and head for the pickup. Around 10 I spotted a group of 5 bucks milling around on this brushing hillside. The 1 buck looked promising so I made the stalk within 275 yards and looked him over. I couldn't pass on this unique general season buck. The only downside to this hunt, was of course, the pack out. Entire bone-out deer with camp it took me 7 hours to make it back to the pickup. I was whipped to say the least. hope you enjoy....;)
attachment.php

Hunting 2012 2.jpg

2012 Muley (3).jpg

2012 Buck.jpg

Hunting 2012.jpg

Attachments

• 2012 Muley buck.jpg
    2012 Muley buck.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:

jls

FNG
The only downside to this hunt, was of course, the pack out. Entire bone-out deer with camp it took me 7 hours to make it back to the pickup. I was whipped to say the least. hope you enjoy....;)

View attachment 4648

Sorry bud but I don't see any "downside" to the way this hunt ended! Congrats on a great buck, sure beats packing out an un-punched tag any day.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
muleymemories,
great buck and so glad you didn't pass. Bucks like that aren't plentiful in these parts you know. Hope you didn't mind that I enlarged one of your thumbnails so we could really enjoy your buck?

Good job and don't hesitate to post him in the photo contest on this forum (should see contest posted at top of mule deer forum main page)