Idaho harvest stats, accurate??

Huntnnw

WKR
will be interesting to see harvest in some elk units this year for any weapon. Weather was a huge factor for the whole season in many northern units

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
Think it’s about right. I moved back last year and have tagged out both years. Not to far off from when I left 7 years prior, less deer for sure but if your not picky which I’m not and your willing to put the effort in you can kill deer. But understand most deer hunters I run into don’t get off the atv, truck or side by side unless they see a deer. But they sure complain about the trucks, atv’s and side by sides on the roads.

sagebuster

Lil-Rokslider
I imagine there is more non-reporting than misreporting, but I have my doubts as to whether that skews the final numbers all that much. They are what they are. The stats pretty much ride the roller coaster with the deer herd. If the numbers look dismal to you, its maybe because the hunting was dismal.

I was in Idaho this year for archery elk and a some of areas near us were closed due to fire. I decided due to that bit of info that I would also research fires that would close an area keeping people out, that would have an impact on a relatively short season if you couldn't access the unit and percentage of tags getting filled, just something to think about