Idaho in June

DanTesta

FNG
Do to another baby on the way and my work schedule I am not able to get to Idaho for a spring bear hunt until the last couple days of may to the first week of June for my first western hunt. I was interested in hearing from anyone that of experience in the later portion of the season when it comes to success vs. being able to head out earlier in the season as the bears are just coming out of hibernation. Secondly, I do have a seek tent and stove and wondered how many may bring a stove that late in the season.

Rogue Bay

WKR
I used to live in northwestern Montana and often bear hunted just a handful of miles from the Idaho border and we always did really well in June. My personal opinion is the later the better when it comes to spring bear. Congrats on the new baby!

merrittchristen

FNG
Classified Approved
There’s a lot of snow this year more than last year. And last year I didn’t get to some of the peaks until after July 4th. You could walk to them but not drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPIDAHO

FNG
Was walking around today in south western idaho, Lots of snow (got 11 inches just last week) north facing, granted its warmed up this last week. Snow pack is really variable depending on where you go. Go to the snowtel site to get general idea for your location. I doubt you will need a stove.

Lprough

FNG
I’m heading out in Idaho the last week of may. Still packing my seek cimmaron and stove. I think you’ll still find the bears (granted where your going holds decent populations of them) you will probably see more rubbed out bears than you would in April/ early may. Good luck!

Lprough

FNG
Was out this last week. The stove was very nice in the evenings and at 4am making breakfast.
ae94cb4fb699c3931875c46287f89884.jpg