Idaho Late Season Archery Hunt!

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Well let's try this again n see if I can't show you folks some good bucks and make this one a little more interesting and exciting! I'm on my way to the unit as we speak for what'll be my maiden voyage into the unit! I'm very excited for the opportunity to check out some new country and hunt bucks late season! So I'll see if I can't share some pics of some deer a little later today...

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks jim n robby! For my first trip to the unit I am happy with the results I had this morning. I seen probably 50 deer of which atleast 10 were bucks ranging from forkies to the 2 biggest being a 26-27" 4x4 and a 28" 3x4. Only got pics of I think 2 of the bucks, was SUPER windy making it hard to look through the scope let alone digiscope! Will post the pics I did get once I get home or I have a second.

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Here's the one pic I got on my phone, now if I can just turn something a little better up for Sunday's hunt!

3D2D44ED-48A8-43D6-AEB0-70E15B0960D8-537-0000003BD1F482D5.jpg

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Here's a few more pics I pulled off the camera... I can't wait to get back out there this Sunday with bow in hand!

Here's a few of the surrounding terrain
IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

Here's the first buck I laid eyes on that morning...
IMG_0609.jpg

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
And here's a couple more of the tall 4x4...
IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

Slim Jim

WKR
Looks like you have worked the area. Can't wait to see what you turn up this weekend. Good luck and keep us updated with photos, I'm enjoying them.

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks guys, I only hiked maybe 2 miles Saturday and had to call it a day as I was on a high knob and the wind was blowing very hard making it extremely hard to glass. But I had already seen enough to know it was an area I'd like to spend more time in thankfully! I can't wait for Sunday tho as I'll hike as many miles as it takes in hopes of turning up MY buck! If I am lucky enough to harvest a buck it would be my first muley with a bow, and from the beginning of the season I have had my hopes set on a buck bigger than my biggest rifle buck to date. And I have passed some deer that have made me question myself but this is MANY years in the making and I am very determined and hopeful that I can get a good buck with my bow... Even if it isn't this season. Therefor I won't sell myself short on my goal!

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks, I sure hope it does! :)
I figured I'd give a rundown of the gear I'll be using in case anyone was curious...
-CLOTHING:
KUIU Attack Pant
KUIU 185 merino top
C4E Assault Top
KUIU Guide Vest
KUIU Guide Jacket
Kirkland merino wool blend socks
KUIU Yukon Gaiters
Kenetrek Mountain Safari Boots (only until the are worn out, my feet don't like them all that much!)
-PACK & OPTICS:
Badlands 2200
Brunton Eterna 11x45 binos
Swaro ATS 80mm HD spotter
Rocketfish 47" tripod (lightened up a little)
Canon ELPH 100HS w/ TINES UP adapter for digiscoping
-BOW:
2009 Hoyt Alphamax 32 set @ 27" and 65 lbs
Black Gold Ascent 3 pin slider sight
Ripcord Code Red rest
Easton Axis 340's cut @ 27 3/4" w/2" Blazers and tipped with Trophy Taker Terminal-T broadhead weighing in @ ~410 grains
Tru-Fire Hardcore MAX release

OP
Juan_ID

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
My strategy for this coming hunt will be much the same as my scouting trip last weekend. Cover as much ground as possible and glass glass glass! I'll be taking along my sleeping bag, buddy heater and air mattress just in case I end up staying the night in my rig as I took Monday off from work too. :) I am still debating on if I will go back up for one last look in the morning or not... However, I was in the archery shop earlier today after work and although I know there is ALWAYS a chance there's a big buck in any given unit, I just got word that a 240" buck was killed in the unit during October! This wasn't a total surprise as there's a BIG buck or two that come from the unit each year but that just breathed new life into my sail! I'm not expecting to see anything of that caliber but it sure would be nice! :)