Idaho lighted nock comment period

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
I can see a lot of right misses from people trying to see the hit.
Doesn't happen in other states, why would it happen here? I think it should be the choice of the archer, not the choice of the state, whether they want to use them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
Doesn't happen in other states, why would it happen here? I think it should be the choice of the archer, not the choice of the state, whether they want to use them.

How do you know what happens? If your argument for it is it would allow you to see the hit, then it could encourage bad follow through by trying to see around the sights. I used to struggle with peeking myself even without the lighted nocks. Which I have tried and decided not to use when I was in a state that allowed them.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
How do you know what happens? If your argument for it is it would allow you to see the hit, then it could encourage bad follow through by trying to see around the sights. I used to struggle with peeking myself even without the lighted nocks. Which I have tried and decided not to use when I was in a state that allowed them.
Because I've lived in states where they've been allowed for decades and it's a non issue. People who peek at shots are going to peek either way, whether there's a lighted nock or not. Good follow through is good follow through regardless. It's not a crutch, nor is it a liability. Once someone gets used to shooting them it's literally a non issue to peek. For all the talk about personal rights in Idaho and having government stay out of things it's pretty ironic that hunters don't mind the nanny state regulations.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
Besides, I owned an archery shop as well and sold hundreds of packs of lighted nocks, I know their pluses and minuses. It should be an individual's decision to use their setup as they see fit. We'll just have to agree to disagree on it looks like.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
I just find it ironic that lighted reticles are allowed in scopes, but lighted nocks aren't. It's a double standard if there ever was one.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
It was total sacasm.

I'm a longbow guy I have no dog in the fight.
I'm a recurve guy, me either lol. I want arrows I can't break, that I would petition for lol

ridgefire

WKR
I have tried them but don't use them because of how expensive and inconsistent they are but I think it's retarded they are not allowed. It's only time before Idaho changes the law on them.

KHNC

WKR
I completely understand it doesn't help you see the animal any better in the dark, but thank you for pointing out the obvious for me.

There just isn't a reason for it, it's been fine for this long without it.

What's next, the Blue Tooth GPS nocks? A nock that can communicate with your site through Blue Tooth? Laser guided arrows? Where do we draw the line?

Should we allow range finding sites too? How much help do people need? At what point is it enough?

If they are so great, stay in your own state and use them 😂
OR, go back to wherever you used to post before you decided to come here for post 1 and spout ridiculousness.

They're like everything else on your bow. You have to choose the right one for your setup and practice with them enough to confirm reliability and POI. Once you confirm this you don't shoot them again until it's at an animal. You don't get the chance to form a bad habit of "peaking" like some believe. I've shot a few Elk and a good number of Deer with them and you don't realize you even have one until the arrow is long on it's way to the target.

Mtnboy

WKR
OR, go back to wherever you used to post before you decided to come here for post 1 and spout ridiculousness.

Ironic since I've been on this site longer than you 😂

(I'm guessing you meant to quote someone else.)

Mtnboy

WKR
I should say, I'm not gonna shy away from being against this, but I also don't see it as the "sky is falling" if it does pass. Not much will change except a bunch more dudes will waste money on shitty nocks that make your arrow performance worse! ;)

I at least take comfort knowing that Idaho will always slow play the adoption of technology as much as possible.

Sled

WKR
Idaho is pretty country to be in. I also feel it's a non event either way they go about the permitting or not of the nocks. It just seems like another personal choice or choice removed. It certainly won't make you kill more animals. But it might help you find more before they spoil.