Idaho lighted nock comment period

CorbLand

WKR
You stated technology was a slippery slope.

Some might call innovation 'progress'.

Same reason I'm sure when you rifle hunt, you aren't using a musket.
I mean most states have muzzleloader seasons and rifle seasons...so if I have a muzzleloader tag, I dont use a rifle...

I think it's more of...there's no technology whatsoever being allowed on arrows, and by allowing this one piece of technology it theoretically opens the flood gates for more technology.

But we'll have fought amongst ourselves for so long the anti hunters will have gotten rid of hunting long before we got there so does it truly matter?

Vandy321

WKR
I mean most states have muzzleloader seasons and rifle seasons...so if I have a muzzleloader tag, I dont use a rifle...
Big technological dif between a modern muzzleloader and a black powder from the 1800s. My point, dude said technology was a slippery slope, just pointing out to him unless he's living under a rock hunting in snake skins with a stick bow, he's probably picking the wrong battle saying lighted nocks are too much of a technological leap

Edit: if technology is bad, we should all be sure to leave the electronic rangefinder at home next trip too.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
Big technological dif between a modern muzzleloader and a black powder from the 1800s. My point, dude said technology was a slippery slope, just pointing out to him unless he's living under a rock hunting in snake skins with a stick bow, he's probably picking the wrong battle saying lighted nocks are too much of a technological leap

Edit: if technology is bad, we should all be sure to leave the electronic rangefinder at home next trip too.
And my point was that we have different seasons/limitations for different levels of technology.

87TT

WKR

I have a 1911 Sears Horseless Carriage that only starts with a crank and I hunt with a Flintlock for deer. So yep I like it here in Idaho.IMG_4578 Flash in the pan crop 3.jpgIMG_0284.JPG

Mtnboy

WKR

You're pretty fired up about it.... sorry that I'm happy with our laws the way they are currently and I don't support allowing every technological advantage to be used.....

Don't like our laws here? Simple answer, stay home.

Vandy321

WKR
You're pretty fired up about it.... sorry that I'm happy with our laws the way they are currently and I don't support allowing every technological advantage to be used.....

Don't like our laws here? Simple answer, stay home.
Pretty defensive for someone who said "flame away" in their original post.

Mtnboy

WKR
Pretty defensive for someone who said "flame away" in their original post.
I just don't have much sympathy for folks who whine that they can't use every single advantage possible to kill something....so the solution is simple, don't come to Idaho if you need to use every crutch available in the name of 'progress'.

I've asked before and nobody wants to give an answer, when is enough enough? How much help do you need? When they make heat seeking arrows will you want to use those too?

And yes, I'd be cool with banning rangefinders even though I use one....that'd be a quick way to curb all the bros who think they can shoot 80+ yards with their bow and "long range" with their rifle.

I killed plenty of shit before I even knew what a rangefinder was, I'm sure I'd find a way to do it again.

Flame away.....

Sled

WKR
I
I have a 1911 Sears Horseless Carriage that only starts with a crank and I hunt with a Flintlock for deer. So yep I like it here in Idaho.View attachment 313783
I like that you keep it real and avoid the technological advancements of eye protection with that extended barrel blunderbuss.

Edit: on further review, aren't those electronic ear muffs?😉