Idaho Middle Fork Zone

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
That whole area sucks. Went solo last year, have something to do for the 70 hours of darkness in November. Its steeper than the back of christs head in almost all areas. You can climb for four hours, turn around and piss and hit the river.

But seriously have a way to communicate with the world. I shot a buck( only buck I saw). While crossing the frozen river to retrieve the deer I fell in head first. The outside temp was 5 and shit got serious real quick.

Last edited:

njdoxie

WKR
But seriously have a way to communicate with the world. I shot a buck( only buck I saw). While crossing the frozen river I fell in head first. The outside temp was 5 and shit got serious real quick.

Sounds like a good story, please finish it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BFry

FNG
I would be very happy with a 160” buck from the Frank. Beautiful country from the pictures but looks like tough work and darn cold to bring home some meat.

Thanks for the responses and helping me make decisions

Those access limitations are tough. I guess that could be a good thing or bad thing depending on how you look at it.

BFry

FNG
Yeah, I think it could either way. Although from prior experience (in Oregon and the east), access limitations tend to concentrate folks in certain areas.

Broomd

WKR
This unit is synonymous with pain and slim chance of even seeing anything at all.
It's the unit a guy heads into for a bucket list/fitness thing after plenty of deer success over the years.

Good luck.