Idaho moose tag drawn!

johnsd16

WKR
Not for me, a 3rd year ID resident, but my best friend from MN who I had put in for the same unit as me drew!! Best part is, draw came out today and it's his birthday. Can you believe that?! The NR drew. We put in for the short season in unit 7. Now to scout and prep.

Rob5589

WKR
Nice! I talked to a guy in DC zone few years ago. His one buddy had been putting in for 20 or so years, nothing. Another buddy figured what the hell and drew his 2nd year. Killed a nice bull, too.

Not for me, a 3rd year ID resident, but my best friend from MN who I had put in for the same unit as me drew!! Best part is, draw came out today and it's his birthday. Can you believe that?! The NR drew. We put in for the short season in unit 7. Now to scout and prep.
Congrats, johnsd16. We will be hunting that unit as well. If you want to keep in contact I'll let you know what were finding out.

Sounds good to me Ole. Where are you coming from for scouting? I’m in Hayden.
I’m in Meridian we will probably head up in June or July to start. Hopefully our family draws some more tags for deer and elk. More to come congrats to you. An Idaho moose tag is a dream come true for us. Should be a great hunt this year. We would like to share our successes with another hunt group.

We typically hike in and set spike camp up. It’s more about the timing and who’s there than the score of the antlers for us, it’s the friends family harvest and the meat.