Idaho Mule Deer Draw

ja4wheel6

FNG
Hello,

Rather new western hunter, put in for elk draw in Idaho with less than 5% draw odds. Wanting to apply for mule deer as well but good draw odds and a decent unit, by far not a trophy hunter. any suggestions?

OP
J

ja4wheel6

FNG
I’m using go hunt. See draw odds, but was hoping for some input on a decent unit for beginner. Just to see deer at least. No trophy needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntnnw

WKR
lotta of the deer units in ID that are controlled are a far better experience than general tags. I have no clue how any of these hunt services can accurately give you draw odds. ID puts you in with the residents and starts drawing until the NR quota is hit (10%) with no rules that 10% of the NR are guaranteed tags .

EdP

WKR
You obviously have not spent much time on the Idaho F&G site learning even the basics of their draw and licensing process. You should't expect folks here to hold your hand through it all. Educate yourself and ask better questions and you will get better answers.

OP
J

ja4wheel6

FNG
You obviously have not spent much time on the Idaho F&G site learning even the basics of their draw and licensing process. You should't expect folks here to hold your hand through it all. Educate yourself and ask better questions and you will get better answers.
what part of this question says that? what part am I wrong about?

EdP

WKR
Using the info on the F&G site you should be able to determine your odds (as you did with elk) and hunter success rates for any hunt unit, plus the quality of animals taken and days per hunter. Take a look at: This. My suggestion would be to pick a couple of hunt areas that interest you and ask specific questions about folks experience in those areas.

Please don't, our deer are in poor enough shape without killing off the does.
Deer in every western state are in poor shape
Like it or not anterless harvest is a good thing
It helps balance the herds antlerless harvest is a way to keep things in check

Using the info on the F&G site you should be able to determine your odds (as you did with elk) and hunter success rates for any hunt unit, plus the quality of animals taken and days per hunter. Take a look at: This. My suggestion would be to pick a couple of hunt areas that interest you and ask specific questions about folks experience in those areas.
Asking questions about ANY unit in any state will
Get you tarred and feathered, it's like it's a super secret good old boys club where if you don't have a certan post count or reactions or 500 kills & you haven't been a member of this forum or the 5 dozen other ones You can't join the club

OP
J

ja4wheel6

FNG
Asking questions about ANY unit in any state will
Get you tarred and feathered, it's like it's a super secret good old boys club where if you don't have a certan post count or reactions or 500 kills & you haven't been a member of this forum or the 5 dozen other ones You can't join the club
I'm starting to gather that. Forum designed to have internet access to information from experienced people. Yet get yelled at for any advice asked. We got enough left wing enemies, don't need to have them between the hunting community.

EdP

WKR
I'm starting to gather that. Forum designed to have internet access to information from experienced people. Yet get yelled at for any advice asked. We got enough left wing enemies, don't need to have them between the hunting community.

Lots of truth to that but you can ask and often find out how to find the info you are looking for. Sometimes it is available on the state F&G sites but is hard to find. What really gets folks here riled up is when new members come on and ask to be led through the process. It happens all the time. I mistook a post on this thread as yours and it led me to the incorrect conclusion that you were doing the same. I appologize for that.