OP
NomadHunter603

NomadHunter603

Lil-Rokslider
d82476f13dd6da267c51c186475bcc1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Have fun in the Frank. Forget the pack raft idea. A few miles on the middle fork that time of year would be all the flimsy little boat could handle and you’d just end up packing more garbage out.

Fly in, hike hard, find water, hike even harder and you might find a good one.
I don't think anyone was suggesting he pack raft the whole Middle Fork. They're a useful tool for crossing the river and escaping people in certain situations. Plenty of guys use them to good effect, and they also know their limitations and plan accordingly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

90notch16

FNG
nomadhunter6035, What airstrip did you end up flying into.? We have a trip planned for middle of September this year.

Last edited:
OP
NomadHunter603

NomadHunter603

Lil-Rokslider
nomadhunter6035, What airstrip did you end up flying into.? We have a trip planned for middle of September this year.

We ended up flying into Mahoney strip. I’ll be back out there end of October! Best of luck to you

OP
NomadHunter603

NomadHunter603

Lil-Rokslider
We are trying to decide between cold meadows and chamberlain basin. We have mule deer tags in 20a.

I don’t have any experience with either of them. But if it’s like where I went, it’s amazing country. And despite what people tell you, there is definitely some good bucks in there. I’d say don’t stress about it, pick one and go for it and enjoy “Da Frank” haha