Idaho mule deer from the snake river in November

Getting all my gear together to float the Snake river and hopefully find a buck from the bottom.

I plan on spending the last 9 days of season floating and was wondering if anyone has done this hunt and had a few pointers. I plan on spending a few days at the upriver edge of the unit and since I don’t have the luxury of going back upriver I would hate to pass something I should check out.

I’m guessing the closer to Pittsburg I get the more pressure there will be.

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
I’m way more familiar with 11 than 18 but I know the bucks will start to join the does within 1000 feet of the river as the rut heats up.

OP
Fishnowhuntlater
I’m way more familiar with 11 than 18 but I know the bucks will start to join the does within 1000 feet of the river as the rut heats up.
Thanks for the info. I have no problem climbing a bunch of elevation but closer is better.

I have day tripped it from Pittsburg upriver in my jetboat. The times that I have drawn that tag, I didn't spend much time on the river.

TheTone

WKR
Putting in at the dam? Some places the climbs up may not be too bad but others, ugh!

Rotnguns

FNG
If this is your first time in hells canyon, take note that the water level in the snake can fluctuate wildly several feet due to power and fishery demands. Be careful mooring your rafts.

I've kayaked this section and it's great scenery, but packing a deer out from the river would seem to be impractical. Perhaps a jet boat could come up and meet you if you score a deer.

OP
Fishnowhuntlater
If this is your first time in hells canyon, take note that the water level in the snake can fluctuate wildly several feet due to power and fishery demands. Be careful mooring your rafts.

I've kayaked this section and it's great scenery, but packing a deer out from the river would seem to be impractical. Perhaps a jet boat could come up and meet you if you score a deer.
I have spent quite a few days on the river and hiking up the Oregon side so I am familiar with the country. Ya packing one out will be a challenge and is part of the reason I applied for this unit. We have been left high and dry in the past because of the river flows. Caught us off guard the first time.