Idaho Mule Deer

So I’m trying to plan a hunt to Idaho for the 2021 season now looking at unit 28. Not looking for anyone’s spots and trying to do my research but living on the east coast and also being in law enforcement only get approved so much leave at at time so most of my scouting is going to be online or hopefully just getting pointed in the right direction planning on at least 10 days of hunting was stationed in Alaska and did some pack hunts so not a newbie to the game. If anyone has any helpful info trust me I’m all ears at this point.
Me and my buddy (both LEO as well) got elk and muley tags for 28. Looking forward to it, out first trip out West. We’ve been doing a ton of escouting, planning on 10/11 days of hunting

MTHunter20

Lil-Rokslider
I saw a bunch of deer there in December when I was looking for cow elk. They were really high. I think you’ll get into them if you’re willing to hike a long ways and get up high. It’s a big unit and there’s only 3 or 4 places to cross the river. Have several spots picked out.

OP
Rucksack88
Me and my buddy (both LEO as well) got elk and muley tags for 28. Looking forward to it, out first trip out West. We’ve been doing a ton of escouting, planning on 10/11 days of hunting
Yea we have some spots picked out main plan is trying to stay away from the roads and get back into some pockets and up high

OP
Rucksack88
I saw a bunch of deer there in December when I was looking for cow elk. They were really high. I think you’ll get into them if you’re willing to hike a long ways and get up high. It’s a big unit and there’s only 3 or 4 places to cross the river. Have several spots picked out.
Thanks for the info we are gonna give it our all and main thing just enjoy it but we are going to be out there the whole season so hopefully we find them