Idaho Mule deer

Just got permission to use a friend’s ranch as a base to hunt the Frank Church this fall. Also just found out all the NR Mule deer tags were sold in Dec . I know the turn-ins are going up in July. What are my odds of getting my hands on one? We will be going to 20A. It’ll be my dad and me. If we don’t get deer tags we are hoping for a bear and/or Wolf tags. If we can’t get those then it will be a great fishing/camping/scouting trip!

Any insight about the chances of getting a tag in July would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTone

WKR
Probably all but impossible to predict what might get turned in. I’d guess July will have the most turned in tags as controlled hunt results come out and people trade tags, but guessing where they might be is impossible. There was a fair amount of panic buying it seems and people buying stuff they had no clue about

eye_zick

Lil-Rokslider
On June 24th they did a sale of returned tags. Its a lottery to get them via the website. Each person in virtual queue is given a random spot in line when the pre sale starts. This is assuming some one turns one in.

I would consider other plans.

brn2hnt

WKR
On June 24th they did a sale of returned tags. Its a lottery to get them via the website. Each person in virtual queue is given a random spot in line when the pre sale starts. This is assuming some one turns one in.

I would consider other plans.

This is true, but the most tags available will be after the draw results come out.

Everyone who bought a general tag and put in for a controlled hunt and drew will trade their tags in.

Whether or not any of those people will have tags in the unit you want though…

OP
LIWolverine
What’s yalls fall bear tactics? Looks like bear is gonna be an easy tag to get a hold of. Dad knows where some apple trees are around there that we could setup off of.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Probably all but impossible to predict what might get turned in. I’d guess July will have the most turned in tags as controlled hunt results come out and people trade tags, but guessing where they might be is impossible. There was a fair amount of panic buying it seems and people buying stuff they had no clue about
Outfitter tags will be coming up in July for NR to jump on before they go on sale to anyone on Aug 1st

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Went to 20a 2 years ago in end of October near chamberlain. Hunted around for 7 days didn’t see a single animal the whole time, not even a doe or a coyote, best of luck to you!

sneaky

"DADDY"
What’s yalls fall bear tactics? Looks like bear is gonna be an easy tag to get a hold of. Dad knows where some apple trees are around there that we could setup off of.

Well? Let's hear the good and bad!

OP
LIWolverine
Well? Let's hear the good and bad!

Saw 5 bears in 3 days lol. I totally blew two great opportunities. Saw 4 blacks and a chocolate. It was a blast. Headed back in May for the spring hunt to see how it goes!

Stupid Tapatalk will not let me post a photo. I’ll try to put up some when I get to my computer.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Saw 5 bears in 3 days lol. I totally blew two great opportunities. Saw 4 blacks and a chocolate. It was a blast. Headed back in May for the spring hunt to see how it goes!

Stupid Tapatalk will not let me post a photo. I’ll try to put up some when I get to my computer.

It usually takes a few tries on Tapatalk to post a photo. I've gotten used to the upload failed notification lol