Idaho Nonres sold out

sneaky

"DADDY"
Why is that? The long-term effect of their vote or how many tags they will buy themselves?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
The ballot box biology bullshit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
The ballot box biology bullshit

Absolutely. Unfortunately, many "escape" only to bring their same BS CA nonsense with them.

On another note, CA money does not set home prices, greedy sellers and builders do.

Lowke01

Lil-Rokslider
It doesn't make sense for a liberal to move away from a broken environment they helped create only to vote the same way in their new state, but then again they are liberals.

If I can ever escape this political crap hole my new state can count on my conservative and hunter friendly vote. Everyone I know of who'd like to move have the same mindset. I don't blame people in red states for being leary though.

Lowke01

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely. Unfortunately, many "escape" only to bring their same BS CA nonsense with them.

On another note, CA money does not set home prices, greedy sellers and builders do.
Supply and demand sets home prices. Anyone who owns in Boise for example could take their big profits and go buy in other parts of the state and if enough people do that, prices will be driven up there too.

I haven't read this whole thread but I believe Utah tags are cheaper yet. If no one mentioned it parts of Idaho have been hit hard by wolves and bears taking Elk and deer. Wolves take game the entire year unlike hunters.

Speaking of selling out. Utah's 15000 general season "Any Bull" tags this year sold out in record time, like two weeks or so. I don't know if there are more Elk hunters or if many are just trying to go somewhere other than Colorado.

Last edited:

TheTone

WKR
Why is that? The long-term effect of their vote or how many tags they will buy themselves?

There are so many problems coming to Idaho. Look at Colorado. Most of the problems will be caused by new California residents bringing their ideals with them (as pointed out above by Rob5589). Other problems will be the cost of living that will escalate, making it more expensive to live in Idaho. Still more problems will be created by the ballot box (as pointed out above by Sneaky).

I would expect that the new California transplants to Idaho will buy some hunting licenses but not too many. A lot of the new residents will be hiking on the trails, just like in Colorado.

Remember that California doesn't allow mountain lion hunting so I would expect a battle in a few years when the California residents increase in numbers.

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that Idaho allows ballot initiatives/referendums so that's how painful changes will come.

87TT

WKR
I haven't read this whole thread but I believe Utah tags are cheaper yet. If no one mentioned it parts of Idaho have been hit hard by wolves and bears taking Elk and deer. Wolves take game the entire year unlike hunters.

Speaking of selling out. Idaho's 15000 general season "Any Bull" tags this year sold out in record time, like two weeks or so. I don't know if there are more Elk hunters or if many are just trying to go somewhere other than Colorado.
You might want to read the regs. There were just under 13000 NR elk tags with all different seasons and other rules and restrictions. They went on sale LAST year on December 1st and didn't sell out until mid August of this year so that is 8 1/2 months. Not two weeks. A lot of the A tags are "any elk" too.

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that Idaho allows ballot initiatives/referendums so that's how painful changes will come.

Correct, Idaho is one of the few states where a citizen referendum or initiative can go all the way to the ballot box. It'll be up to conservative and like minded people to be active voters and know what's going on their ballot. Good thing there's no shortage of them in Idaho. I know some people get freaked out by the population growth but honestly I don't see Idaho changing from a red state any time soon.

BullElk

FNG
I know some people get freaked out by the population growth but honestly I don't see Idaho changing from a red state any time soon.
when you move and live here then your opinion will count. theres a TON of cars that have a sticker on their rear window RIGHT NOW...idaho shape with refugees welcome across it. more and more cars with CA plates daily with a close second of TX and then MN as a third.

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
when you move and live here then your opinion will count. theres a TON of cars that have a sticker on their rear window RIGHT NOW...idaho shape with refugees welcome across it. more and more cars with CA plates daily with a close second of TX and then MN as a third.

Born there and lived there for 30 years. Certainly enough time for "my opinion to count". I haven't been gone that long either. I guess it's been awhile since I've been to Boise but my opinion still stands.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
I could point out hundreds of yards with the refugees welcome signs in their yard in Boise and up on the bench. Actually "we're glad you're our neighbor". Cali, Washington, Texas, Florida plates are the ones I see the most, and for every conservative Cali transplant I talk to, I meet 8-9 others who think Idaho is a backwoods state and they're going to "fix" it. Just like they did their own state that they ran into the ground.

GregB

WKR
I could point out hundreds of yards with the refugees welcome signs in their yard in Boise and up on the bench. Actually "we're glad you're our neighbor". Cali, Washington, Texas, Florida plates are the ones I see the most, and for every conservative Cali transplant I talk to, I meet 8-9 others who think Idaho is a backwoods state and they're going to "fix" it. Just like they did their own state that they ran into the ground.

Don't forget the Bernie Sanders bumper stickers, blue girl red state, etc.

Idaho was really awesome in the 80s and 90s by the way.

Population growth is painful in many ways. Look at the draw odds from the early 2000s and it was a totally different ballgame. Nonresidents don’t affect the odds so much with a 10% or less cap.

Lowke01

Lil-Rokslider

I hope you tell them their ideas are what ruined California and if they love that so much, go back!

Last edited:

IdahoHntr

WKR
You might want to read the regs. There were just under 13000 NR elk tags with all different seasons and other rules and restrictions. They went on sale LAST year on December 1st and didn't sell out until mid August of this year so that is 8 1/2 months. Not two weeks. A lot of the A tags are "any elk" too.

He typed Idaho but meant Utah. Utah's 15000 any bull tags sold out at a record pace this year.