Idaho NR prices go up

Rob5589

WKR
I agree, but when a real recession hits its gonna be bad, it’s a little like price gouging because they have the limited resource and are just trying to see how high they can go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unlikely. We aren't 50+ years ago where killed animals were essential sustainance. Hunting now is a hobby/pastime/sport. And plenty are willing to pay to play, so to speak. Especially when it comes to elk.

87TT

WKR
Unlikely. We aren't 50+ years ago where killed animals were essential sustainance. Hunting now is a hobby/pastime/sport. And plenty are willing to pay to play, so to speak. Especially when it comes to elk.
Yeah, price a round of golf lately?

Where was the complaint? I merely stated facts about idahos game management. Residents are like lifelong politicians. Keep passing taxes to the other guys while staying exempt. Residents are always for super high nonresident prices but i have yet to see one resident pay nonresident prices because they care so much for management, but they continue to give that as the reason to increase prices.

You can apply in tn or ky for a nominal fee, if you get drawn hunt for 1/5th of the price of a western state, have almost no competition and a 90% chance of killing a 6 point or better. So you really cant say its supply/demand.

ncstewart

WKR
I get it but it sucks that it’s come to this. Hunting in general is becoming a wealthy mans game. But things change and it is what it is. it’s not as much about hunting today as the twitterface kill photos and making a dollar.

It’s called recession. As you said, animals are not essential, when extra income is gone, people will hunt deer at home rather than overpriced elk in idaho.

2bb8cb5ef2602a52c3625c386fe451ca.jpg

Better hope Trump wins!

Rob5589

WKR
Where was the complaint? I merely stated facts about idahos game management. Residents are like lifelong politicians. Keep passing taxes to the other guys while staying exempt. Residents are always for super high nonresident prices but i have yet to see one resident pay nonresident prices because they care so much for management, but they continue to give that as the reason to increase prices.

You can apply in tn or ky for a nominal fee, if you get drawn hunt for 1/5th of the price of a western state, have almost no competition and a 90% chance of killing a 6 point or better. So you really cant say its supply/demand.

I suck at math but, a 306 dollar TN elk tag isn't 1/5 of Idaho's 650.

Rob5589

WKR
It’s called recession. As you said, animals are not essential, when extra income is gone, people will hunt deer at home rather than overpriced elk in idaho.

Better hope Trump wins!

How many tags were returned vs how many people are/were out of work due to the 'Rona? Never ignore people putting "fun" before real responsibility. Regardless, it is a done deal now. Either pay it or don't. My guess is it will slow down some folks but the usual crowd will pony up the extra dough. December 1 is right around the corner....

87TT

WKR

Better hope Trump wins!

In 2016 the state sold the left over elk tags at a discount, $300, as second tag. So I guess if the tags don’t sell at the higher price because of recession or whatever, I may pick up a second one.

87TT

WKR
Is the KY elk tag OTC? And do they sell disabled vet tags for Res prices? How many elk they got?

Rob5589

WKR
Ky non res;
150 for lic
550 bull tag
400 cow tag
185 deer (4 of them)

594 elk tags allotted for 2020, less than 10% went to non residents. And there is a 3 year "sit out" period if drawn.

If Idaho only gave out 50 non res elk tags per year they'd probably be cheaper as well. Non draw, otc elk tags are an entirely different deal.

sasquatch

WKR
Well i dont dip or smoke or drink and I dont pay guides or landowner fees. I dont really care for wasting money i work hard for. To pay $1200 for lackluster, subpar, wolf infested elk hunting seems like a waste.

How much money do you donate to management? By the way, idaho management released wolves, remember that. Millions of dollars donated by nonresidents turned into wolf crap in no time. And now Colorado is gonna be releasing wolves. Great job western states, great job.

Elk hunt the eastern states then. That’s what’s so nice about being free to do as one pleases.

Me personally, I’d rather pay more for for a tag vs not be able to get a tag.

It’s like gas, I hate $4 gallon gas, but let there be a shortage and we’d be begging to pay $4 gal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

IdahoElk

WKR
Well i dont dip or smoke or drink and I dont pay guides or landowner fees. I dont really care for wasting money i work hard for. To pay $1200 for lackluster, subpar, wolf infested elk hunting seems like a waste.

How much money do you donate to management? By the way, idaho management released wolves, remember that. Millions of dollars donated by nonresidents turned into wolf crap in no time. And now Colorado is gonna be releasing wolves. Great job western states, great job.

If I remember correctly it was the feds and special interest groups out of DC that rammed these wolves down our throats and then handed the mess to F&G to take care of.

njdoxie

WKR
It’s smart to charge what the market will bear. Idaho NR sells out every year. You don’t like it don’t buy it.

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander i.e. start charging residents what the market will bear, and it’ll bear WAY more.