Idaho NR prices go up

IdahoElk

WKR
For me it was the early 90's just before they planted Wolves and we had a few bad winters in a row. Both Elk and Deer hunting were off the charts, it was nothing to have multiple encounters with 300" class bulls in a day and hunting the entire season without seeing another person.

KHNC

WKR
Where was the complaint? I merely stated facts about idahos game management. Residents are like lifelong politicians. Keep passing taxes to the other guys while staying exempt. Residents are always for super high nonresident prices but i have yet to see one resident pay nonresident prices because they care so much for management, but they continue to give that as the reason to increase prices.

You can apply in tn or ky for a nominal fee, if you get drawn hunt for 1/5th of the price of a western state, have almost no competition and a 90% chance of killing a 6 point or better. So you really cant say its supply/demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you were lucky enough to draw a bull tag in Kentucky, be ready to pay 5k-7k to hire an outfitter to access the elk in that state. They almost have a monopoly on elk hunting now.

Is the KY elk tag OTC? And do they sell disabled vet tags for Res prices? How many elk they got?

Disabled vets licenses are free im pretty sure, the elk #s do not matter, if you get a license your success chances are about 95%. By the way we are talking supply/demand so your statement only helps mine

IdahoElk

WKR
right, i am fairly new to rokslide but this forum definitely feels like a California bash.
Our town has been literally turned upside down the last few years by new liberal residents from Cali.
I realize I'm not a native to Idaho but I also kept my mouth shut for probably the first 10-15yrs here and just observed how things operate in a mountain town.
Having said that a number of good friends are from Cali so it's not so much where you're from but the attitude you bring here.

87TT

WKR
Disabled vets licenses are free im pretty sure, the elk #s do not matter, if you get a license your success chances are about 95%. By the way we are talking supply/demand so your statement only helps mine

That's funny. The KYDFW website says disabled NR licenses are "not available". All tags are a draw.0

Rob5589

WKR
Our town has been literally turned upside down the last few years by new liberal residents from Cali.
I realize I'm not a native to Idaho but I also kept my mouth shut for probably the first 10-15yrs here and just observed how things operate in a mountain town.
Having said that a number of good friends are from Cali so it's not so much where you're from but the attitude you bring here.
Residents allowing a few dozen or so libs from California to turn a town "upside down" are just as much to blame for the changes. Too many people become complacent and ignore what is occurring in their own town. By the time they do, it's too late.

Azone

WKR
Wow, let the butt hurt flow...
I will probably still buy my tag for what most consider to be a sub par unit in December or January for 2021. I work hard and budget for my annual get the hell out of civilization trip, a few more hours of work to make up the difference isn’t gonna kill me. If a few hundred bucks is gonna ruin your annual budget, buying out of state tags should be the least of your worries or concerns. But I see the argument with having multiple tag holders from the same household, pricey. CA liberals are a cancer that f@&k up everything, get everyone you know to vote against any and all bullsh!t that they try to bring with them. On that note I have a elk hunt to pack for in Idaho.😉

amassi

WKR
Residents allowing a few dozen or so libs from California to turn a town "upside down" are just as much to blame for the changes. Too many people become complacent and ignore what is occurring in their own town. By the time they do, it's too late.
They need to look at their kids my cousins are at bsu and surrounded by liberal resident students

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
If a kid wants to hunt, he or she will find a way. Out of state big game hunts are not the only option. You don't do your kids any favors by bargaining with them to "recruit them". I remember vividly the first time I was allowed to accompany the grown men hunting. Right down to the snacks we ate up on the mountain. I was 12. That was 55 years ago. I didn't actually get a license and hunt for two more years. I still chased rabbits with an old recurve in the fields on the edge of town until then. I didn't get to hunt out of state and for elk until I was in my 30's. My son killed his first deer at 13. A couple years later, he told me he just didn't want to any more so I went alone or with friends. Now he wants to hunt with me and we have the last few years. Way back when he was 12, I bought him a UT deer tag and license. Full price. He ate tag soup. I also paid for his ID tags and licenses (NR). He wanted to but I paid it because I wanted to. He is 43 and has a family to provide for.
I hope your son keeps hunting but if it is just for the out of state elk hunts, then maybe he's really not into it yet.
This was a major conflict in Washington. At 16 years old the price of tags goes to adult fee, driving starts and school sports....working, etc. I argued that we should offer a student tag price and skip the age portion. (Remember this is on a retention and recruitment effort) the department was confident that doing so would have no effect as time was suspected to be the main impairment.

The results were that any impairment on youth opportunities reduces retention and recruitment.....no question.

Not that this specifically applies to idaho, but more so than "California sucks just because" does for this topic.