Idaho NR prices go up

codycleve

FNG
From what i'm hearing from very reliable sources is that non resident tags will sell out because there are going to be a lot less of them.

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
Are we to the point of the license cost being higher than the fine for hunting without a license yet? asking for a friend!

Rob5589

WKR
From what i'm hearing from very reliable sources is that non resident tags will sell out because there are going to be a lot less of them.

From what was posted by IDFG, the tag numbers have not been decreased, yet, but there will be caps placed on certain units. That number will be based on the previous 5 years sales. Some zones like Diamond Creek already have a cap in place. I believe it is around 600 for non residents. You can expect that number to be reduced which will shift hunters to other zones. I imagine some will forego a tag altogether, which IDFG anticipated, thus raising the fees.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I may again buy two if I can find a new spot wolves have not decimated and the body is willing....here are tag prices from the 90s 2000 and 2010s it is all relative nothing stays the same some areas of Idaho still offer excellent elk hunting other areas your better off pissing the money away than finding elk hunting the way it was before wolves blurred tag is 2000 anyone who was working in the 90s is likely making a lot more money now but elk opportunity is not equal in all places of Idaho any longer so choose your area wisely🤙 $251 in 1992 to $650 next year seems inline to me🤙

Attachments

• DC20B4CF-5F5E-4F72-926B-18A65C3B093B.jpeg
    DC20B4CF-5F5E-4F72-926B-18A65C3B093B.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 799E492D-06D8-4880-8778-2179C8043288.jpeg
    799E492D-06D8-4880-8778-2179C8043288.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 43
  • F73E0762-5FE6-4A4F-94FC-BD40ABF52F75.jpeg
    F73E0762-5FE6-4A4F-94FC-BD40ABF52F75.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
It probably won't change the amount of pressure I saw this year, at least we can make some additional revenue. I moved back to Idaho last year and Glady bought a non resident tag and ate it. But I was always in elk and spent hours with friends in camp and the woods hunting in spots I hunted for a decade plus as a resident. This year I shot a spike opening morning and my group arrowed 2 nice 5's before the season closed. More pressure just means more work and or smarter work. 6 hunters killing 3 bulls on public land in an uncapped unit with bows hell what's to complain about. My preference would be to cap all units resident get a percentage and reserve a much smaller one for non resident guest, but stop punishing people who put in for draws like they do now. This wait period to buy capped tag units if you applied for a draw is plain stupid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

codycleve

FNG
They are going to put a Cap on nonresident hunters in each area. Elk will be capped by zone and deer will be capped by unit. The salmon region stands to loose about 2,500 non resident hunters. The final meeting will be November 20th to make the final decisions.

amassi

WKR
Idaho needs three tag sales categories all priced accordingly to calm everyone down.

Resident
Non Resident
New Resident
*new resident from California pays +150% surcharge

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

From what was posted by IDFG, the tag numbers have not been decreased, yet, but there will be caps placed on certain units. That number will be based on the previous 5 years sales. Some zones like Diamond Creek already have a cap in place. I believe it is around 600 for non residents. You can expect that number to be reduced which will shift hunters to other zones. I imagine some will forego a tag altogether, which IDFG anticipated, thus raising the fees.
DC was already reduced for the 2020 season from 690 in '19 to 459 in '20. Not sure if they plan to reduce it any further for 2021? I believe the Salmon A & B zones were both reduced this year as well.

Let kids learn to hunt on other game close to home. Who says we have to subsidize kids from other states. When I was a kid, just hunting was it for me whether it was rabbits or deer.
You dont have clue what your talking about. We live less than an hour from where we have hunted at for 4 generations but it just happens to be that we now live 6 miles into another state so yes I would say we are hunting close to home with the kids but now wont be able too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

S.Clancy

WKR
I Kidd you not; I was in the local sporting goods store yesterday. I was in the checkout line, and the couple behind me was talking about how ridiculous it was that they sold handguns in the same store they sold hiking gear in.... WTF.
Oh, so you've been to Bozeman?