Idaho NR tags

Brianb3

WKR
Probably just my lack of experience buying out of state tags, but I can't wrap my mind around dropping 1k for a license/tag that is nonrefundable when the regulations outlining when the tag is valid haven't been released.

1.33k lol. Hunting out of state is quickly becoming scarce. The demand is growing. Realistically Idaho is where they need to be for deer n elk compared to Mt Co etc.

I think overall Idaho made a great attempt at fixing a problem. Website was an upgrade and the lottery for position was fair. I will be calling them to voice my complaint on some back door issues. But overall not bad. I’m sure there will be improvements but overall a needed upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Probably just my lack of experience buying out of state tags, but I can't wrap my mind around dropping 1k for a license/tag that is nonrefundable when the regulations outlining when the tag is valid haven't been released.
Same dates as 2020. Dates haven't changed in the last 5 seasons I have been going to ID.

87TT

WKR
They may drop or add to the seasons some as management dictates but there will be seasons. This may be an issue that IDFG has to address in the future. In the past, the tags didn't sell out or not until much later so it wasn't a problem. The regs are two years at a time and usually come out in April if I remember right.

PMcGee

WKR
No, it’s pretty atypical. Usually seasons are set 1st. That pioneer B tag that sold out so quickly is only a 2 year old hunt and could easily go away come March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly doubt they would sell a tag for a unit that won’t have a season and if it did go away they’d have to refund the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I highly doubt they would sell a tag for a unit that won’t have a season and if it did go away they’d have to refund the money.

yes, I've seen them fix that rare issue before. Season was shortened for a few guys I was helping knocking them out of their approved vacation window, so F&G refunded the money. It took a few phone calls.

Troutnut

FNG
The online system worked smoothly for me. I logged in about 5 minutes before they started, got randomly assigned #2679 in line, waited 25 minutes (they estimated 28 at the start), and bought a deer tag. I never would have guessed the order in which units have sold out, but I could have waited at least two days and still had the tag I wanted for the unit where I had a fun hunt this year.

I'm kind of bummed that we're restricted to a single unit. The spot I'm going back to is right near to a unit boundary (like so much of the high country), so it'll suck if I see a nice buck cross the ridge into the neighboring OTC unit where I could have followed and shot it this year. I also had backup plans all in different units, and I had fun scouting and learning about them before the season; now I can't act on any of that information unless I just decide to hunt elsewhere another year.

Fullfan

WKR
I received my elk A-tag, proxy form , and hunter report, Had to call Idaho and inquire where my hunting license, archery permit and other required documents were. My son purchased the same license and tags as I did, he received everything all hooked together.

PMcGee

WKR
I received my elk A-tag, proxy form , and hunter report, Had to call Idaho and inquire where my hunting license, archery permit and other required documents were. My son purchased the same license and tags as I did, he received everything all hooked together.

I think you have to request to have your hunting license sent to you. My tag and proxy form are the only things I ever received in the mail. You can download your license on your phone.

Rob5589

WKR
Haven't received mine yet. The lic and archery endorsement is a download and print from home. I thought the hard card lic was cool but didn't sign up for it.

Fullfan

WKR
Called Idaho today, they are sending me the permits/licenses that I did not receive
I think you have to request to have your hunting license sent to you. My tag and proxy form are the only things I ever received in the mail. You can download your license on your phone.

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't request em to be mailed,got my purchase email after buying em and they showed up yesterday in the mail.

OkayestHNTR

Lil-Rokslider
The regs for 2019-2020 year said the license would not be mailed and must be printed. I didn’t realize that till few miles back in and had to head to town for a duplicate.

snopro176

WKR
So...missed this boat big time this year. Does anyone know if there will still be chances to grab A tags in sold out units with this new system? I assume once other states draw some folks might return their NR tag and then they'd be up for grabs?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
So...missed this boat big time this year. Does anyone know if there will still be chances to grab A tags in sold out units with this new system? I assume once other states draw some folks might return their NR tag and then they'd be up for grabs?

You can only return them for specific reasons. Getting another tag elsewhere isn't one. You may be able to get an unused/returned outfitter tag, maybe. What zone were you looking at?

snopro176

WKR
You can only return them for specific reasons. Getting another tag elsewhere isn't one. You may be able to get an unused/returned outfitter tag, maybe. What zone were you looking at?
31 Brownlee. Its the only unit ive hunted so I'm partial to it but I may be s.o.l.

I purchased my whitetail deer tag on the 1st. After having hunted there for 25 years I think I may get shut out in the future.