Idaho NR tags

7Bartman

WKR
Good thing I was on here discussing vaccines. I would've totally missed it.
Freaking $32 convenience fee too. What's convenient about that?

Murph1

Lil-Rokslider
Major joke. I logged in at 10:10 and was number 8000 something. After 3 hours I got in and my zone was sold out. Not hunting Idaho anymore.

7Bartman

WKR
Major joke. I logged in at 10:10 and was number 8000 something. After 3 hours I got in and my zone was sold out. Not hunting Idaho anymore.
I don't blame you. I'm already starting to have remorse, however there aren't many good alternatives, hence Idaho knew they could get away with it. With the increased tag prices and the stress to get a tag, it'll likely be the straw that breaks the camels back for many.

Calbuck

WKR
It dropped my deer tag after the license checkout and I had to go back three times to put my Whitetail tag in the cart by itself and checkout before it finally went through....(home button, pick tag, checkout). What a shit show...
Mine timed out and only gave me the license. I kept with it and finally after 3 or 4 tries it added my deer tag. Crappy system.

Rob5589

WKR
Good thing I was on here discussing vaccines. I would've totally missed it.
Freaking $32 convenience fee too. What's convenient about that?
Well, I suppose it's more convenient than driving to Idaho to buy tags. But yea, it's a BS fee.

sasquatch

WKR
Can someone clarify when you can apply for controlled hunts and when’s the draw results?

I see May 1st through June 5th? Is that right?

If so why does it give me an option to apply now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Crusader

WKR
Yeah, I'm just a curious observer from the midwest but am confused. Is this a drawing for the 2021 seasons already? If so, why so early?

Murph1

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy got a tag for the unit we've been hunting for 7 years. They ran out before my turn. What If you want to hunt with another guy or 2?

Can someone clarify when you can apply for controlled hunts and when’s the draw results?

I see May 1st through June 5th? Is that right?

If so why does it give me an option to apply now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think you can buy the application now, but you can submit it till those dates.

bpurtz

WKR
I got in line at around 10:05am Mountain Time - 8887 in line ahead of me - about 2.5 hour wait, but I was able to add the tags I wanted and checked out in under 5 minutes. No problems whatsoever.

Looks like the plan worked!

But seriously, I logged in at a few minutes to 9, got in about 15 minutes later and still had all elk zones available. What part of "limited" and "random" didn't you understand going into this?

Drew@selway

Lil-Rokslider
managed to get my old man an elk tag, zip for me. definitely shitty if this is a sign of things to come in the west, time to start having some hard discussions on method of take and maybe look at some weapons specific opportunities.
674704813292fdb50e544c48e2966895.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Murph1

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like the plan worked!

But seriously, I logged in at a few minutes to 9, got in about 15 minutes later and still had all elk zones available. What part of "limited" and "random" didn't you understand going into this?
Yeah, my buddy logged in right at 10. Got right in and got his tag. Now he has to try and turn it in for a refund because he doesn't want to hunt by himself. If you have a group of 2 or 3 guys it makes it hard to hunt together. Maybe I'm missing something but it didn't even ask him for a unit number, just a zone.

TripleJ

WKR
It took multiple attempts of putting the deer tag I wanted in my cart and then having it taken out again because it timed out before I could checkout, but after the 6th or 7th attempt I got it. Piece of cake, ha ha!