Idaho NR tags

Rob5589

WKR
Yeah, my buddy logged in right at 10. Got right in and got his tag. Now he has to try and turn it in for a refund because he doesn't want to hunt by himself. If you have a group of 2 or 3 guys it makes it hard to hunt together. Maybe I'm missing something but it didn't even ask him for a unit number, just a zone.
Elk is by zone, eg; Selway, Pioneer, etc. Deer is now by unit, eg; 1, 16A, 70, etc. Elk didn't change but deer changed from general (anywhere in the state) to units this year.

Trying to hunt as a group is tough in certain units/zones that are snatched up quickly. If that is the way you prefer, look for units/zones that are around longer than 30 mins to an hour.

Last edited:

87TT

WKR
Elk is by unit, eg; Selway, Pioneer, etc. Deer is now by zone, eg; 1, 16A, 70, etc. Elk didn't change but deer changed from general (anywhere in the state) to zones this year.

Trying to hunt as a group is tough in certain units that are snatched up quickly. If that is the way you prefer, look for units that are around longer than 30 mins to an hour.
Just the opposite. Deer unit and elk zone

Beings no one knew how long the tags would last, probably hard for folks to plan too much.

It does look to pose issues for having 5 or 6 guys in elk camp.

I don't know if it changed this year, but in the past there were no refunds for tags unless you had military orders, major health issues, or some other major family event that they would accept.

oake

Lil-Rokslider
Our group was 50% getting the tag we were after.

I think the bigger question here is with continued high demand will ID get deeper in our pockets in the near future.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’m 64 And like point systems.
At the Fish and Game meetings the older guys are the ones pushing for draw systems so they can get in on the ground floor, draw one good tag, then they're dead and gone while their kids and grandkids draw a good tag every 25-30yrs with the point creep. It's a pretty selfish demographic that shows up for the draw tag discussions. Not saying that's your thoughts at all, but that's the ones pushing that agenda at the meetings. Consequences be damned for the future generations. It is just another barrier to getting new hunters recruited.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
I’m 64 And like point systems.

And I don’t want to be 64 before I draw a damn elk tag where I live so I don’t like point systems. Call me old fashioned, but I don’t need a participation trophy every year for applying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a link that shows how many tags are still available in each unit and what is sold out.

Elk Nonresident Tag Limits | Idaho Fish and Game

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk