Idaho or Montana Spring Black Bear

mitchellmountain

Lil-Rokslider
Planning a spring bear, spot and stock no bait. Which would you choose as better opportunity at black bear encounters? I'm not partial to either one, just looking for opinions. I'm also not looking for unit info, just opinion on which state you prefer if you've hunted there.

MM

A buddy and I are planning a hunt in NW Montana near Libby. He wants to go the 3rd week of May. I am worried there will be too much snow. Any info would be appreciated. TIA.

I'm going to do Idaho simply because I have already bought my NR License and I can hunt a reduced fee unit right next to the unit I'm going to hunt elk and whitetail this fall. That way I can scout and hunt both in the same trip.

Pick your poison and go to either. If I had or was planning a fall hunt in either state in a relatively close area that would influence my decision!

Planning a spring bear, spot and stock no bait. Which would you choose as better opportunity at black bear encounters? I'm not partial to either one, just looking for opinions. I'm also not looking for unit info, just opinion on which state you prefer if you've hunted there.

MM
Which part of Idaho? Montana has more bears and you can actually find them.
If you're thinking North Idaho spot and stalk, and never been here, go to Montana.