Idaho OTC NonRes Tag Sale

Rob5589

WKR
I know for a fact that they're working on it right now, 99% chance that it's rolled out along with the new season structures/regulations in 2023. They would have liked to have it already in place but they cant agree on the most efficient way to maximize revenue and distribute it to farmers.
Interesting. Likely the reason they haven't attempted to "clean up" the process.

Marble

WKR
Two years in a row we struck out in tags for Idaho. I would like to see it just go to a random draw with the chance of having parties drawn.

I could have purchased an archery tag in a zone with a few tags left, but my partner wouldn't have gotten one so I opted to pass.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

A buddy of mine and I got in line yesterday and he was 6824 and I was 7387. We didn't get our top 5 choices but did end up with a pair of Bear River A Elk tags, so at least we're hunting! Looking forward to studying and seeing new country.
Congrats! That's the tag I wanted, ha! But I got a tag, and I'll be elk hunting for the first time, so I'm grateful.

Everyone wants a random draw but then everyone will be pissing and moaning when you have to buy a license to put in for a tag you probably won’t draw!! This system is our best option.
Exactly!

If people haven't figured out yet by reading this thread, the way it is now is totally random. I have friends that logged in 15 minutes after I did, that got inline way ahead of me and got tags, all in all, 8 of us looking for tags in two units, we got 3 tags out of 8.

fatlander

WKR
Prior to the draw, Idaho should allow hunters to create a party that will link their existing accounts to a temporary (party account number). When the sale date comes, one person logs in for the entire party and purchases their tags. Make it so that the party can only buy the same elk and deer tags. That would allow people to actually hunt together.

I’m pretty sure that would fix the overwhelming majority of the gripe from hunters. How they haven’t already thought this through is mind boggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
O
Prior to the draw, Idaho should allow hunters to create a party that will link their existing accounts to a temporary (party account number). When the sale date comes, one person logs in for the entire party and purchases their tags. Make it so that the party can only buy the same elk and deer tags. That would allow people to actually hunt together.

I’m pretty sure that would fix the overwhelming majority of the gripe from hunters. How they haven’t already thought this through is mind boggling.

So a person who is linked to a party of 6 people wants to buy the last remaining tag for Pioneer A (as an example); how does the system handle that?

fatlander

WKR
So a person who is linked to a party of 6 people wants to buy the last remaining tag for Pioneer A (as an example); how does the system handle that?

That’s an easy fix. They can only buy tags if there are enough available for the number of people in their party. This is basic level programming.

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
Exactly!

If people haven't figured out yet by reading this thread, the way it is now is totally random. I have friends that logged in 15 minutes after I did, that got inline way ahead of me and got tags, all in all, 8 of us looking for tags in two units, we got 3 tags out of 8.
I agree the online portion of tag sales is totally random, just gatta have a buddy out west buy your entire groups tag in person to beat that online rush.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
I agree the online portion of tag sales is totally random, just gatta have a buddy out west buy your entire groups tag in person to beat that online rush.
tried this. 2 of us online and a buddy in a line. He was #27th in line. By time his turn to purchase, all #1, #2 choice A-units were sold out. He purchased a last alternative unit, one tag left.

Sure appears to be random lottery assignment for online, like a random numbered ping pong ball.
Last year called in 15 min late, was 13000 something in the que. This year, logged in at opening and 9000-ish in the que. Our other online guy logged in 5 min after, was 6000-ish in que.

hope for 2023 that ID does something to give 2-4 partner groups a chance.

Cwsharer

FNG
System is in place to curb non Resident Overcrowding and it’s working . Why would they allow party’s to buy tags when it seems it keeps people away but still sells all of their elk and deer tags . Perfect for Idaho residents and I’m sure they are happy . Go help your friends who got tags if you wanna go hunt!

mudlickman2

Lil-Rokslider
System is in place to curb non Resident Overcrowding and it’s working . Why would they allow party’s to buy tags when it seems it keeps people away but still sells all of their elk and deer tags . Perfect for Idaho residents and I’m sure they are happy . Go help your friends who got tags if you wanna go hunt!

You’re missing the point. We aren’t looking for more tags per unit. Just a coding change in the system to allow linked account purchases of the same tag off the pre established quota.

I lucked out and was 488. The system crapped out and wouldn't allow me to put a tag in my cart. Second year in a row that I won't be hunting elk in Idaho.

My daughter will be old enough to hunt in 2023 and I don't know how I'm going to buy her and me a tag for the same unit.

I hope that Idaho goes to a draw and let's me put in a group application with my girl.

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Was 4688 got in 1st choice zone was gone put tag for 2nd choice in cart and site froze had to shut down logged back in was put at 27000 in line so said f it got back off couple hrs later logged in to see how fast they sold out had a message saying my time was up and had to be put back in line