Idaho OTC

Jeremy11

FNG
What time on December 1st can non residents apply online for OTC tags? I can't find a time on the ID F&G website.
And I believe I must first buy a licence before applying for the tag, but at present only licences for 2019 appear to be available. When can I buy a licence for 2020? Cheers.

Last edited:
OP
Jeremy11

Jeremy11

FNG
Ok, thanks Kurt. I'm coming to hunt from New Zealand so I'm not used to all the regs you guys need to go through. Here it's any time of year, any sex , any age and any number, and we still have too many deer!

87TT

WKR
Not sure but last year they sold out in August. That was the first year they sold out before the season I think.

There are some elk zones that will sell out the NR quota very quickly.

As a nonresident you can purchase your hunting license and elk/deer tags on Dec 1. As far as I can tell, the tags go on sale at 12:00 AM MST.

I’m quite sure it’s 12:01AM MST

There are some elk zones that will sell out in minutes this year if trends continue... I think last year one in particular I’m familiar with, sold out in a few hours like 2am and they started at midnight... this year tags have been reduced in that unit... it’ll go quick.

Some units, you can buy the night before the season opener...

General Deer has been available til fairly late in the year before selling out a few weeks before rifle seasons.

^^^ I might be wrong. Maybe it was 10am🤣 I just know, I live in an Idaho border town, and at the local gas station there was multiple upset people the tags they wanted were gone.

CorbLand

WKR
Its currently Friday, November 15 at 11:40 PM. Google states that it is Saturday, November 16 at 1:40 PM in Vietnam. So you are 14 hours ahead of Idaho.