Idaho Report

OP
I
Final hunt of 2019-Central Idaho in a unit I’d never spent one day scouting or hunting.
Single day push to fill a buddy’s elk tag.
Spotted dozens of elk, including cows and mature bulls.
Snuck in close on a bull and got within 25 yards.
Spotted dozens of deer, including does and mature bucks.
Spotted a mature moose.

Athlon Ares 65mm spotting scope in big, open country was powerful. We spotted nearly everything long range with the spotter, including a huge group of cow elk at 3.5 miles away (confirmed with google maps), that I got my buddy within rifle range of.

Fun day.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Well that is somewhat encouraging to hear. I recently moved to ID and couldn't get residency in time for 2019 and non-resident elk was sold out. Looking forward to next year but have been seeing pessimistic reports everywhere. I do archery and rifle but was hoping to leave some of the pressure behind in Colorado.
I missed this post when you first wrote it. You could have still gotten a tag at an F&G office. If you haven't established residency yet and NR tags are sold out you can go into their offices and fill out an affidavit that you are intending to make Idaho your permanent residence and you could have gotten a tag at NR prices. It's in the hunting regs. Next year you won't have to worry about it anyways though lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk