Idaho Resident Sawtooth Zone

For all my fellow Idaho residents, anybody get in line for a Sawtooth tag this year? I drew a controlled hunt last year so I'm back in with the general public this year and decided to snag an archery elk tag for Sawtooth. Looks like they sold out pretty damn quick once again.

And before people jump in and say how this zone sucks and the bulls are all below 300"... just save it. I've hunted a different elk zone each of the past 3 years and really enjoy seeing different parts of the state and learning more about Idaho. I'll feed my family a raghorn bull all year with a huge smile on my face if it comes down to it.

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
I got a B tag. The harvest reports are very interesting when you break the units down individually...

Augustus46

Lil-Rokslider
I was able to get an A tag. Haven't been able to harvest an elk yet, only deer. So I'm not going to be picky if I get an opportunity to tag out. I'll be scouting during August and hopefully find a couple solid spots.

bow puller

Lil-Rokslider
It went pretty smooth online, picked up a tag for my dad.

And before people jump in and say how this zone sucks and the bulls are all below 300"... just save it. I've hunted a different elk zone each of the past 3 years and really enjoy seeing different parts of the state and learning more about Idaho. I'll feed my family a raghorn bull all year with a huge smile on my face if it comes down to it.
100% It's all about the experience and clean meat.

Steelhead

FNG
Buddy walked into a local seller this morning right when they went on sale and got a B tag with around 70 left. I'm sure they went in the next couple minutes. I'm setup in a different zone already.
Drove by Sportsmans yesterday evening and saw a good half-dozen people ready to camp out, assumed they were for the capped tags.

Augustus46

Lil-Rokslider
Buddy walked into a local seller this morning right when they went on sale and got a B tag with around 70 left. I'm sure they went in the next couple minutes. I'm setup in a different zone already.
Drove by Sportsmans yesterday evening and saw a good half-dozen people ready to camp out, assumed they were for the capped tags.
You're exactly right. The in-person allotment for B tags sold out in like 15 minutes, the A tags sold out about 3 minutes later.