Idaho rifle mule deer prep

Definitely be ready for anything. Had pouring rain in ID mid-October last year. I tend to use the NOAA point forecasts prior to the hunt and InReach forecast once I’m in. “Better to have and not need than need and not have”

TURNER208

FNG
Just pack for the worst case and then you should be covered should the weather take a turn. As with some of the others who commented here it can change at anytime. I think in 2016 it snowed on us the 3rd day of archery season (early sept.). Good luck!

Roofer1

Lil-Rokslider
Did this last year, different area. Camped by water at about 5200', wandered to as high as 7800'. had some rain, some snow, cold enough to freeze at night, warm enough to have to fight off afternoon naps in the sun. Wore a good base layer the whole time, and carried around (or wore) softer outer layers, light weight rain gear, and a puffy layer. So... same as everyone else was saying. Kinda sucks but have to be ready for everything.

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
hunts in october can easily be ruined by not being prepared for any type of weather. bring ALL the layers. foot warmers if running unisulated boots and a high quality larger sized tent with vestibule for storage of weapon, etc