Idaho salmon area unit 36b & 28 archery

A lot of people will just go to the same places and it's a small unit so yeah there's some access and pressure issues. As you mentioned, a lot of the area is not summer range. Of the summer range, a fair amount is either super rocky or dense lodgepole and/or pine forest that's not a productive habitat. If you go to the better places, you'll have company. None of the unit is very far from the towns I listed so it's easily accessible on a short drive for anyone, including residents living there.

Feel free to PM to discuss.
Thanks for the info!

Jweber240

FNG
Call me during roughly daytime hours...I have hunted 36B several years for both elk and deer. I hunted areas with no motor vehicle access and back pack hunted though.
Hi. I've been trying to get someone to point me in the right direction regarding 36B. I'm an archery hunter and have been concentrating my time scouting last summer (wasn't able to hunt the September season) in the southwest area of the Unit. I have never hunted Idaho before and just met the resident requirements so next season I will hunt. Am I wasting my time in the southwest area of the unit for elk? I'm just a meat hunter and enjoy the hunt but wondering since there was such low amount of sign if that meant it was a bad portion of the unit. Any and all feed back is appreciated. I know folks have a hard time pointing folks in the right direction. I hunt by myself so any feedback would just stay with me. If you want to private message me you can. I don't think I have enough posts to pm. Thank you.