Idaho salmon unit A tag

Ddgrafe13

FNG
Hello everyone,

I am a new guy on this forum. I have posted a couple times mostly about who I am and where I am from. My particular question is about hunting the salmon elk zone in September. I have hunted the B tag in that area and could only turn up spikes and cows. I have only been elk hunting seriously a couple years but have been and archery hunter most my life. I hunted the Palouse A tag this year but something about the salmon zone gets me so I would like to go back. I’m not looking to kill the biggest bulls just looking to get experience and gain knowledge first hand. Any expectations for the A tag from anyone who has hunted it before would be awesome. If anyone wants knowledge of Washington bear or mule deer I would be happy to trade questions over PM.

Thanks for anyone’s time

awarren90

FNG
Howdy ddgrafe13,
I’m a Capt in the AF and love to hunt and fish when I’m not flying. I secured my first antelope while hunting with my wife down in New Mexico this year.
Are you hunting Archery, Muzzleloader, or Any Legal Weapon on the Salmon this year?
Would love to talk about it with you if you want to give me a call whenever works best for you?
My cell is 281-687-6773
Cheers-
Stephen

sneaky

"DADDY"
Hello everyone,

I am a new guy on this forum. I have posted a couple times mostly about who I am and where I am from. My particular question is about hunting the salmon elk zone in September. I have hunted the B tag in that area and could only turn up spikes and cows. I have only been elk hunting seriously a couple years but have been and archery hunter most my life. I hunted the Palouse A tag this year but something about the salmon zone gets me so I would like to go back. I’m not looking to kill the biggest bulls just looking to get experience and gain knowledge first hand. Any expectations for the A tag from anyone who has hunted it before would be awesome. If anyone wants knowledge of Washington bear or mule deer I would be happy to trade questions over PM.

Thanks for anyone’s time
First thing you have to realize is that Unit 28 on the A tag isn't open for elk during September. So, a lot of the country you "love" for the B tag is off the table during archery.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
D

Ddgrafe13

FNG
First thing you have to realize is that Unit 28 on the A tag isn't open for elk during September. So, a lot of the country you "love" for the B tag is off the table during archery.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah I am aware that unit 28 is closed for archery season. Doesn’t change my preferences for the salmon zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fullfan

WKR
I’m there now, been here since 9/12. Cleaning up and headed home. Will DM you when I get a chance.

Behlftball

Lil-Rokslider
How did your hunt go? I'll be headed to Salmon Zone again this year with a B tag. Any advice feel free to pm.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for anyone’s time
Sounds like you have some experience in Palouse A. Would you be open for a phone call to pick you brain on where to get started for next year?

OP
D

Ddgrafe13

FNG
425 330 5133. Please keep the communication to text messages and I can answer some questions about the area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk