Idaho salmon zone unit 28 mule deer

Hello everyone. I ended up up with a unit 28 mule deer tag and a salmon zone b tag this year. I’ve been hunting Idaho for quite a few years now, but in other areas. With the new non resident rules our original areas went very quick. Planning on hunting mule deer first week and look for elk in the process. Not looking for anyone’s honey hole, but it would be helpful if anyone would be willing to point me in a direction to look into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
O
Thanks to those of you who reached out and helped. I hope I can return the favor someday.

deadwolf

WKR
I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic, but if your very first post on the forum is seeking assistance and advice on this or that unit you can’t really expect people to jump at the chance to help you.

OP
O
I wasn’t being sarcastic at all…. People actually reached out and were helpful. But thanks for the heads up

OP
O
That’s great advice. I think I got a good start thank you. And I agree most of the adventure is learning something new

Hello everyone. I ended up up with a unit 28 mule deer tag and a salmon zone b tag this year. I’ve been hunting Idaho for quite a few years now, but in other areas. With the new non resident rules our original areas went very quick. Planning on hunting mule deer first week and look for elk in the process. Not looking for anyone’s honey hole, but it would be helpful if anyone would be willing to point me in a direction to look into.

Hi there! I am trying to decide to go into unit 28 or back to my good unit 29 I go to every year! Can you give me any feed back on your in unit 28? We are going to hunt mule deer the first week and elk when it opens!

NickT406

FNG
Hi there! I am trying to decide to go into unit 28 or back to my good unit 29 I go to every year! Can you give me any feed back on your in unit 28? We are going to hunt mule deer the first week and elk when it opens!
Probably a little late for this but I hunted 28 this year. Lots of elk hunter pressure and the deer numbers weren’t great. Finally started figuring it out towards the end of my trip but ran out of time to find a good buck. I didn’t find deer populations until I stopped seeing elk.