Idaho Salmon

ashanks52

FNG
Wasn't sure where to put this so if it doesn't belong please don't kill me. I'll be in idaho for an elk hunt in a few weeks, and was wanting to do some salmon/steelhead fishing for a day with a guide. However, I have been having a tough time finding many, and was hoping some of you fine outdoorsman and women might have some recommendations. I'll be in the Lewiston area and would be willing to travel a reasonable distance. Thanks guys.

i don't know if they will make it that far inland before your hunt. i lived in Washington and sept seems early to have good population in Idaho. Idaho is like 3-4 hour drive to Portland area. I think your money would be better spent fishing in that area if possible.

Lewiston is the epicenter of fall steelhead/salmon fishing in Idaho and I am very surprised you can't find a guide to take you out, unless they are all booked already. Fall Chinook and steelhead will be at peak abundance around Lewiston in a few weeks, so your timing is good if you can figure out a way to get on a boat.

TheTone

WKR
People are catching both now in Lewiston and salmon might actually be getting a bit better soon. Lots of guides in the area