Idaho Sheep/Moose/Goat results

OP
Turkeygetpwnd38

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
anyone have a guess on why the huge spike in sheep applicants?!
If I had to guess, non residents were probably thinking the same thing I was, apps might be down because of everything going on. Residents possibly figured they’d have some more time off work? Couple that with the economic effects of all the shut downs and virus hadn’t been felt yet by the demographic of folks applying for sheep/goat/moose hunts, but who knows. Odds were a bit up for moose in the units I applied,

Applications probably increased for the reasons already mentioned and NR's who wanted to try and draw a tag before the fees go up next year.

anyone have a guess on why the huge spike in sheep applicants?!
I talked to a lot of ill-informed residents that applied this year for the first time because of the non-resident license suspension. They assumed that their odds would dramatically increase with less nonresident applications, when in fact it just spiked the resident applications through the roof. That being said, I still haven't drawn a sheep tag. Been applying since 1993.

cgasner1

WKR
10% goes to the non resident kinda silly to apply that doesn’t change because less apply just gives them
A better chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuzzH

WKR
10% goes to the non resident kinda silly to apply that doesn’t change because less apply just gives them
A better chance

Not true...Idaho issues "up to 10%" of their tags to NR's but there is no guarantee a NR will draw a single tag. NR and R odds are both impacted identically by the number of applicants, they draw from the same pool of tags.

cgasner1

WKR
The way I read that was if a unit has enough tags then 10% goes to the non residents and the units that don’t have enough they randomly draw from to keep 10% I believe go hunt said the give out like 460 moose tags and 46 went to non resident

cgasner1

WKR
Not that it really matter now I’m waiting for the refund

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
The way I read that was if a unit has enough tags then 10% goes to the non residents and the units that don’t have enough they randomly draw from to keep 10% I believe go hunt said the give out like 460 moose tags and 46 went to non resident

Yeah, it’s not quite so good for non residents. It definitely is UP TO 10% and we can draw NONE of the tags if that’s the way the lotto balls bounce.

Trial153

WKR
Its great when you fork out that 200 plus for Idaho only to find out your drawing dead.

cgasner1

WKR
Just means I’m one year closer to drawing it

cgasner1

WKR
I worry more about someone drawing it the forst year and telling all his buddies to apply and it making what odds I did have go down even farther

I've been applying for 27 years, and known dozens of people that have drawn on their first app (residents). Frustrating in a way, but that's the beauty of Idaho's system also.