Idaho Spring Bear

ericwh

WKR
I'm still planning on coming! Think I got a decent deal on airfare cause of the corona!

OP
I
I’d probably do the same but travel bans and self quarantine could block travel. Luckily, I think I’m good because it’s a two hour drive for me.

I have been pouring over internet threads and google scouting it seems like unit 39 gets all of the attention, so I was looking at 43 or even possibly up along the snake in the Craig Mountain WMA my head is kind of spinning with all of the options and info anybody have a more dialed in opinion? Ill be coming from Oregon but driving extra doesnt bother me I would prefer spot and stalk
Craig Mountain is real close to Lewiston.
I recommend getting far away from large population centers.
Find an area with locked gates, no ATVs allowed, use a mountain bike to get away from the crowd.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Right out the back door for me! I self quarantine anyways

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
I
Right out the back door for me! I self quarantine anyways

Yeah and shoot one down in elevation by your place and I’ll be super impressed. Leave your garbage can out aways from your house and put the bear scent attractant in there.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah and shoot one down in elevation by your place and I’ll be super impressed. Leave your garbage can out aways from your house and put the bear scent attractant in there.
Oh, we got bears that roll through town occasionally lol. Went for a little stroll today. Saw lots of elk.
34dfece71b6e34b07dcee97d82ab53c6.jpg

This is awesome! I’m looking at going to Idaho in 2021. This will help a ton. Much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zbot

WKR
Just started looking into Idaho for bear as a NR....really want to get a bear this year. Just don’t know where to start.

jdmaxwell

WKR
Just started looking into Idaho for bear as a NR....really want to get a bear this year. Just don’t know where to start.
Idaho Game and Fish site.
Look up units and ensure season in.
Pick unit. Get tag.
Go hunt and learn. Easy process

mooster

WKR
Idaho Game and Fish site.
Look up units and ensure season in.
Pick unit. Get tag.
Go hunt and learn. Easy process
Learn how to use digital scouting tools to find public land, MVUMs, trails, burns, timber management, openings, glacial chutes, etc. think Gaia, onX, GE, etc.

Looks like I’m going to have some time off in April. Is that too early for bears in Idaho in general. Here on the Oregon coast they almost don’t even hibernate.

sneaky

"DADDY"
This is a little over 7k ft right now. Mid thigh on me and I'm 6'3". South slopes are burning off, and lower elevation south slopes are clear, but anything at elevation still has quite a bit of snow as well as north facing slopes. Expect a crowd this year in April down low as I suspect a lot of people are gonna have free time.
df864e362167d89c0b132c9f1412713a.jpg