Idaho Spring Bear

sneaky

"DADDY"
Hard to predict what April storms will bring. We're supposed to get snow here on Monday I think, so you'll just have to keep an eye out. North slopes will be the trouble spots as it takes forever in some places for the snow to burn off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

In Southwest Idaho, most snow will be off by the end of April in that 4K -5k level. North and east slopes will hold the snow longer though. North and South East Idaho are completely different animals, so I can’t comment on those areas.

rclouse79

WKR
My son just turned 10 and I was hoping to get him out turkey hunting in early April, and then I was hoping to get out for bear after that. Does anybody know if you can go hunting with a shelter in place order? I am guessing my odds of getting out will be slim anyways with my wife being a nurse. I am expecting her to be working a lot of hours soon.

Ntuttle15

Lil-Rokslider
Legally they cant stop you from doing anything right now. Until its marshal law. So go get your turkeys and bears!

sneaky

"DADDY"
My son just turned 10 and I was hoping to get him out turkey hunting in early April, and then I was hoping to get out for bear after that. Does anybody know if you can go hunting with a shelter in place order? I am guessing my odds of getting out will be slim anyways with my wife being a nurse. I am expecting her to be working a lot of hours soon.
Well, it hasn't stopped people from pouring out onto the rivers to chase steelhead right now that's for sure

skierhs

WKR
The only issue for some would be if they start closing down the campsite like they have started talking about doing in Montana.

With recent developments I’d reconsider whatever you’re planning if you’re a non-resident. While Idaho is going ahead with the seasons as planned they also are asking people to limit travel. I can’t see how driving 300-500-1000 miles is “limiting travel”.

I personally live in Washington state, and after reading and hearing some reports from Montana and Maine being angry at non-residents flooding in I can’t imagine my WA plates at any trailhead will be any more well received than it would have been before the plague.

With recent developments I’d reconsider whatever you’re planning if you’re a non-resident. While Idaho is going ahead with the seasons as planned they also are asking people to limit travel. I can’t see how driving 300-500-1000 miles is “limiting travel”.

I personally live in Washington state, and after reading and hearing some reports from Montana and Maine being angry at non-residents flooding in I can’t imagine my WA plates at any trailhead will be any more well received than it would have been before the plague.
That’s probably good advice. I’m already seeing grumbling from rural town FB pages about out of county and out of state visitors.

That’s probably good advice. I’m already seeing grumbling from rural town FB pages about out of county and out of state visitors.

That and a lot of places are already mandating a 14 day quarantine for out of state visitors.

If nothing else, I’d hate to be the guy who ends up bringing this crap into a little town. We can all talk about we’ll limit contact and whatever but I don’t see a way to not visit a gas station if you’re driving over 200-300 miles somewhere where you plan on staying a week. Not to mention the necessary contact if you end up being successful.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The only issue for some would be if they start closing down the campsite like they have started talking about doing in Montana.
They've already started closing down campgrounds in some parts of the state

Jtay561

FNG
I work in campgrounds management statewide. I would not be surprised by extensions and additions or closures to state, federal, and local facilities and accommodations.

OP
I
I work in campgrounds management statewide. I would not be surprised by extensions and additions or closures to state, federal, and local facilities and accommodations.

Think there’s any decent chance that the national forests as a whole will be shut down?