Idaho Super Deer Tag

Super tag

WKR
New to the site, been lurking for years, learned a lot here and enjoy this site.

I’ve been fortunate enough to draw the super deer tag this year.
I do have a lot of hunting experience and am familiar with a lot of areas in eastern Idaho but defiantly not as good a hunter as I am sure a lot of you are. So I’m seeking advice, if you had this tag where would you hunt this year if you had this tag?

Would you hire an outfitter? Unfortunately I have reached out to a handful of outfitters but my experience so far has been surprisingly discouraging, everyone talks great but no follow through except Miles High who has been great.

I have considered the early hunt in unit 36, is anyone familiar with the current conditions and potential in this unit?

Any feedback is much appreciated!

OP
Super tag

Super tag

WKR
I’ve scoured eastern Idaho a lot this year, unti 67 seems to have very few deer the past few years, with this year the same, I always hear of a few good ones coming out of this unit late, but have little confidence in this unit these days

OP
Super tag

Super tag

WKR
I have read a lot of good things about those southern units, unfortunately they’re so far away the scouting will be difficult with work. I have been told that 41 and 42 could potentially produce a real monster, does anyone know how unit 45 is these days? I’ve read a lot about producing up to 170” but a lot are saying the glory days are gone.

OP
Super tag

Super tag

WKR
Lol, I am fortunate in that regard, I’ll definitely be taking advantage of it!

45 has great bucks. However most of them have poor genetics in the area I know.. yeah they may be 24" wide but they are all crab clawed. I'm sure there are some monsters up on Bennet and to the east. But have fun finding them.

Legend

WKR
New to the site, been lurking for years, learned a lot here and enjoy this site.

I’ve been fortunate enough to draw the super deer tag this year.
I do have a lot of hunting experience and am familiar with a lot of areas in eastern Idaho but defiantly not as good a hunter as I am sure a lot of you are. So I’m seeking advice, if you had this tag where would you hunt this year if you had this tag?

Would you hire an outfitter? Unfortunately I have reached out to a handful of outfitters but my experience so far has been surprisingly discouraging, everyone talks great but no follow through except Miles High who has been great.

I have considered the early hunt in unit 36, is anyone familiar with the current conditions and potential in this unit?

Any feedback is much appreciated!
Congrats!

I just like that your tag name is "Super tag". So if you stay on rokslide you will be called supertag for years to come. I guess if you get that lucky it is fitting to take it on as a name!