Idaho Super Tag Goat Down

270quest

WKR
After all summer of scouting, the time finally came to punch my Idaho Antelope Supertag. I had picked this goat out as my shooter this past weekend, and put it all together yesterday and put him down. I spent over 25 days scouting this summer looking over hundreds of bucks. The supertag is a blessing and a curse - so many different places to look, so little time.

This past weekend, I found this buck and really liked how tall he was. We guessed him at 78-80, and while there are a few bigger roaming around, I didn't want to get completely caught up in score chasing 2-3 more inches. I liked what this one offered and made him my target.

Opening morning, we located him within a few hundreds yards of were we had last saw him. He rutting hard and chasing does all over the place. He ended up making the wrong move by chasing does my way and came within 148 yards. One 139 grain scenar out of the 6.5 PRC hit him chest on, traveled the length of the spine, out his tailbone and put him down for good. We ended up roughing him out at a hair over 79" with his right side just a bit over 16" to the tip.

Such a fun hunt and really opened my eyes to how many antelope and good antelope are actually available to hunt here in Idaho if you can draw a tag. Next weekend I get to take my 11 year old out to help him punch his Idaho Doe antelope tag.

Very nice! I drew area 46 and saw alot of good bucks. But only one or two got me excited! I cant imagine trying to find "the one" in multiple units!!

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
Very nice! I drew area 46 and saw alot of good bucks. But only one or two got me excited! I cant imagine trying to find "the one" in multiple units!!

I looked in 46, saw one really good one but man there is a lot of desolate country out there that holds nothing lol