Idaho Tag Sales Today

14k people all trying to buy elk tags at the same time... I am sure the system is having trouble keeping up with the inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Travis Hobbs
I’m still not sure why at minimum they don’t do deer one day, elk another.

I’m hearing guys can’t even get checked out with deer tags 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

semperfidelis97

Lil-Rokslider
I was logged in 20 minutes before it opened, after getting in, and adding my stuff to my cart it would not let me check out it just sat there spinning. After getting kicked back 3 times it finally just crashed. I have tried to reach out to their office, obviously I am not the only one since you can't get through there either.

OP
Travis Hobbs
Anyone logged in seeing what tags are left in real time? Screen shots please! Just wondering demand on the deer units

CorbLand

WKR
I’m still not sure why at minimum they don’t do deer one day, elk another.

I’m hearing guys can’t even get checked out with deer tags 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Then you would have people complaining they have to log in twice.

Doesn't seem as bad as Utahs was. At one point it told me I was 250,000 in line. A minute later I was 325,000 in line.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
My two buddies and I also failed to get NR tags for the zone we hunted last year. We're bummed, but not complaining - we get it. I asked our guide and he said that none of his prior archery hunters got tags. I asked if he had any landowner or outfitter tags and he replied that the outfitter tags were only available for draw zones, not OTC. I know there is a disagreement as to whether these results are the right outcome, but just note that there are indirect impacts - to our guide and probably others.

Vandal 44

WKR
I got frustrated when I logged in and saw almost 9,000 people ahead of me. So I drove to the Fish and Game office in Coeur D Alene to get my 2021 elk tag.

I had to pass on deer just a little to expensive and picking just one unit no with the expense.

I am sure there will be some very upset non-resident hunters over the next couple of days

Rob5589

WKR
My two buddies and I also failed to get NR tags for the zone we hunted last year. We're bummed, but not complaining - we get it. I asked our guide and he said that none of his prior archery hunters got tags. I asked if he had any landowner or outfitter tags and he replied that the outfitter tags were only available for draw zones, not OTC. I know there is a disagreement as to whether these results are the right outcome, but just note that there are indirect impacts - to our guide and probably others.
I probably misunderstood but, aren't guide/outfitters allotted a certain number of tags?

oake

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t experience any problems; was in the queue at 9:45ish; given about a 10 minute wait at 10AM due to place in line. Checkout was painless

I have a cousin who got in a couple minutes after me; ended up with half an hour wait and there weren’t any tags remaining for our target zone at that time.

No shortage of interest in ID it seems

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
Logged in 5 minutes before they went on sale, think I was checking out by 10:15 Boise time, managed to get a sawtooth zone b tag along with my deer tag.

My buddy sent me this 3 minutes after the portal opened for sales:
787ae6e658d5378ae4ca06f17fe4cb48.jpg

Tags for the unit we hunt were 20% sold out at the 30 minute mark. Pretty crazy... glad I bought that lifetime license before I moved.

My buddy sent me this 3 minutes after the portal opened for sales:
787ae6e658d5378ae4ca06f17fe4cb48.jpg

Tags for the unit we hunt were 20% sold out at the 30 minute mark. Pretty crazy... glad I bought that lifetime license before I moved.

What happened to the other 140 people?