Idaho unit 11 early

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
Drew the early deer tag this year. Went to school at LCSC and used to spend a ton of time in the unit out of the jet boat and around Craig Mountain area on top. Had the tag 10 years ago and killed a pretty good buck on day 10 of the hunt. I live a few hours north nowadays and would love to talk to anyone whose hunted it in the last few years on what they've seen and how the herd is doing. I know they had a big tag cut a couple years ago. I would love to bounce some ideas off of anyone that wants to chat about it. I'll be doing the weekend warrior thing for most of the season then I took the last 6 or 7 days off of work to see if i can't catch some pre rut action. Thanks.

TheTone

WKR
My wife had it in 2018 I think. I was really disappointed in the amount and quality of deer we saw. We didn’t have a ton of time to devote to it but it really wasn’t what I was hoping for for her. I’ve spent a ton of time there especially in the mid 2000’s and saw some really nice deer back then. We only saw one deer I thought might big but with how far he was and time we didn’t go after it

OP
B

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
When I had it in 2012 I killed my buck on October 22nd and had hunted 10 of the first 12 days of the season. I had to get very creative to find mature deer. I originally mountain biked back 6.5 miles from a trailhead and spent almost a week. I was in bugling bulls every day with large harems. Best buck I could turn up back there was a crabby 24 inch 4x4. No go for me. I had turned up some better bucks scouting preseason but they tend to vanish in October. It was also in the mid 80's that year so unseasonably hot.

NILowe

FNG
Had the tag about 5 years ago and was also pretty disappointed. Saw tons of deer but only one shooter and never could catch up with him. Would be interesting to hear how hunting was after the big fire 2 years ago

Huntnnw

WKR
bucks are there. 5 years ago in November I saw a mid 180's 6x5. I know a guy whos family seems to pull a tag once a year and they kill some big bucks outta there