Idaho Unit 11 Whitetail

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
Hey All,
New user here--and I did search this topic before posting.

I am taking a group of friends out hunting this year. They are all new big game hunters and we were unable to draw any tags in the western states that we applied in. We ended up picking up some OTC Idaho Unit 11 whitetail tags. I know they aren't great tags (hence why there was some left) but the point of the hunt is to get these guys out into the woods and teach them a bit about big game hunting (all grew up bird hunting). If we can get into some deer--that is icing on the cake.

I have never hunted, let alone set foot, in Unit 11. I am planning on making a trip there next month for some scouting. If anyone is willing to share any information on 'where to start', I'd be greatly appreciative. I was planning on trying to find some 'flatter' timbered creek drainages and timbered plateaus.

If any of you have hunted that unit in the past, please PM me!

Thanks,
Tim

DaveL

FNG
How did it go? I'm new to hunting myself and did some scouting in 16 this weekend. I have one word to describe it and that's THICK!

OP
T

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
How did it go? I'm new to hunting myself and did some scouting in 16 this weekend. I have one word to describe it and that's THICK!
Well, my scouting trip didn't quite go as planned. We were passing between Montana and Washington during a family road trip. I was planning on carving out a full day and a half to check things out. But due to travel delays--I only had about 3 hours in the unit which I just drove some of the main roads to get my eyes on them so I have some better context while escouting...