Idaho Bear

will2258

FNG
Me and a buddy are headed in that same area this year, any general tips or warnings coming in from the North end by Pittsburgh Landing? First time in Idaho so could use all the help I can get, thanks!

OP
Specwar2006
Me and a buddy are headed in that same area this year, any general tips or warnings coming in from the North end by Pittsburgh Landing? First time in Idaho so could use all the help I can get, thanks!
Just spoke to a biologist last week, looks like there’s a bit of snow still, when are you planning to head in?

will2258

FNG
Looking at the second weekend of may so hopefully the snowpack will be down a bit, we can push it out a week if needed.

Not to be THAT GUY, but hopefully you guys have the legs to beat the crowds at the trailheads considering this is the first thread you see when you Google the unit for bear hunting. Not saying these conversations shouldn’t happen, but at some point they need to make their way into PMs and/or love letters. I’m feeling like an army of matching camo suits and DSLRs may be at or near the trails to greet you.