Idaho unit 28 Mule deer

So me and a buddy both were lucky enough to get tags to unit 28 this oct for mule deer. Just wondering if anyone knows of any meat lockers or places you can rent a place to keep meat after a harvest also places that sell dry ice in the area. Any info would be great as I can’t find anything on the internet.

Jclark225

FNG
Been hunting 28 for years (I'll be there Oct as well) I'd recommend planning on keeping the meat cool yourself.

Back when I first started, there were at least two places in Salmon. One wild game butcher and another that just offered cold storage. Usually temps are cold enough it could hang in the shade at camp for a few days and be totally fine. One year it got unseasonably warm and we brought it to town but had terrible experiences with both places. Our clean carcasses hung up against other people's bad meat, not kept cold enough, too much moisture etc. After that we invested in a tow behind freezer trailer and it's been a game changer!

Last time we looked, there was still a place in Challis that did cold storage and meat processing but Google says it's "permanently closed" now?

Jclark225

FNG
Been hunting 28 for years (I'll be there Oct as well) I'd recommend planning on keeping the meat cool yourself.

Back when I first started, there were at least two places in Salmon. One wild game butcher and another that just offered cold storage. Usually temps are cold enough it could hang in the shade at camp for a few days and be totally fine. One year it got unseasonably warm and we brought it to town but had terrible experiences with both places. Our clean carcasses hung up against other people's bad meat, not kept cold enough, too much moisture etc. After that we invested in a tow behind freezer trailer and it's been a game changer!

Last time we looked, there was still a place in Challis that did cold storage and meat processing but Google says it's "permanently closed" now?
Forgot to mention, both places that were in Salmon are out of business now...

OP
Rucksack88
Forgot to mention, both places that were in Salmon are out of business now...
Well thank you for that information I’ve always done my own processing but just hoping that the temps will be cool enough for meat to keep we are planning on bringing a trailer but prob not camping near the vehicle so sounds like I’ll bring some extra coolers and find a place with dry ice just in case