Idaho-Unit 28

WHI13tan

FNG
Alright got my elk and deer tag for unit 28 with season starting mid October. Just trying to get an idea on weather at 7000-9000 feet at that time of year. I can find past data at the towns but most of the towns I’m finding are at 3000-4000 ft so the weather is going to be a bit different. I understand that year to year can be different and have seen reports of warm to decently heavy snow. Guess I’m just trying to get an idea on how often it’s getting into the teens type weather or is that rate and typically hovers in the 30’s.

Thank you,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
NOAA Point Forecast. Pull up the closest town, then you can click on any point on the map on that page and it'll give you the adjusted forecast for your chosen location. You'll see the difference the elevation change makes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

huntnful

WKR
There was no snow in 28 last year at 8000' for the last 7 days of the season. Decently cold, but nothing crazy. Super windy at night. Try not to camp on an open ridge if you can avoid it.

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted 26 last year in October. Somedays it was sunny and decently warm and some days it snowed. It went from t-shirt weather to every piece of clothing I had in just a couple hours and it was below freezing every night with several nights dipping in to the single digits.

OP
W

WHI13tan

FNG
NOAA Point Forecast. Pull up the closest town, then you can click on any point on the map on that page and it'll give you the adjusted forecast for your chosen location. You'll see the difference the elevation change makes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Awesome tip thank you I have been navigating the website it’s a pain to find things on there that I know exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk